|Job Ref:||EMP375944||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Poole||Address:||Post Code:||CW5||Post Date:||07/10/2016 21:28|
Our client are a major Aerospace systems manufacturer currently seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to join them in their Poole head offices.|
Engineering management and leadership experience in an electronics / software product development environment. Ideally aerospace
To be responsible for the Engineering function within the Division. Ensuring that development tasks and product related matters are effectively managed to meet the business requirements. Within predefined budgets, actively manage expenditure and timescales associated with product development, legacy design issues and related tasks. To monitor product and personnel performance recommending and implementing efficiency measures when required. To actively manage and participate in the preparation of deliverables in accordance with the business requirements.
- Be responsible for the day to day management of the Engineering staff within the Division and where appropriate for other areas of the business.
- To effectively lead and manage the direct reports of the role, ensuring development, welfare, behaviours and performance are measured and responded to proactively, professionally and accordingly.
- To be responsible for the management of development tasks, actively contributing toward product and system development to align with pre agreed budgets of timescale and cost and providing regular reports and status updates to the Operations Manager.
- To support the commercial requirements of the Division through the provision and monitoring of timescale, contract margin, cost and cost to complete estimates associated with Engineering and Project Management tasks.
- Responsible for regularly producing clear concise situation reports on current product design activity.
- Responsible for the monitoring of product performance in the field, ensuring that product performance remains fit for purpose and support costs are minimized.
- Responsible for the preparation and delivery of documentation in accordance with legislation, external contract and company procedures.
- To conduct and effectively control regular progress meetings as necessary producing minutes and closing actions to ensure that the needs of the business and customer are met.
- In conjunction with commercial staff support the contract negotiation process from an engineering and program management perspective. Proactively managing the discharging of contract obligations.
- To ensure the smooth, accurate and timely dissemination of company incoming and outgoing information and correspondence.
- To participate in and/or undertake the preparation of Technical or Commercial documentation.
- To work outside regular office hours when necessary to ensure that deadlines and objectives are met.
- Ensure that internal work packages meet with the customers and contract requirements and constraints.
- Undertake documented audits of current development contracts where necessary, reporting to the Project, BU Operations and Business Managers on the development progress and adherence to meeting financial objectives. To recommend and instigate agreed corrective actions when necessary.
- Travel both within the UK and overseas as and when necessary, including travel/work outside normal office hours as necessary and in accordance with company procedures.
- Work effectively within the organizational framework of the company as a whole, reporting back to the Business Manager, on matters outside the limits of authority.
- To proactively explore and recommend opportunities for increasing company efficiency and cost reduction.
- Be aware of legislation, codes of practice and operating standards associated with the duties, as would reasonably be expected and ensure proper compliance with them.
- To undertake other duties as identified by the Business Manager, which are in line with the interests and overall development of the Airport Systems Division, or the company as a whole.
- Experience in operating within the manufacturing industry
- Experience in the co-ordination and management of multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Experienced in the management of organisational culture change
- Competent in the review of both technical and commercial documents.
- Experienced in ensuring that all project specific engineering work complies with all safety, legal, regulatory and business requirements.
- Strong commercial awareness
- Project Management
Personal Specification/Essential Qualities
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline, preferably a Chartered Software or Electronics Engineer
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- A relationship builder, capable of engagement with all level of the hierarchy
- Calm under pressure, driven by quality, cost and time
- Flexible and adaptable
- Self-reliant and self-motivated
- Good level of computer literacy including standard MS Office software.
- Security Clearance is required