|Job Ref:||EMP375949||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Poole||Address:||Post Code:||CW5||Salary:||Contact us||Post Date:||07/10/2016 21:28|
Our client are a major aerospace company seeking a hardware and firmware development engineer to join them in their Poole offices.|
Experience of digital and analogue hardware design as well as C programming and embedded microprocessor design.
- To undertake hardware and software design and development of the Company’s range of products. To be responsible for the planning and co-ordination of designated projects.
- Design, develop and support of electronic hardware and software which is consistent with the given targets of timescale, cost and technical performance.
- To work as a member of a project team, as directed by the Business Manager or designated Project Manager, in pursuance of the above targets for a particular project.
- Undertake projects including project management and/or team leading under the general supervision of the Business Manager or his nominated deputy.
- To maintain daily records of work in progress and to prepare technical documentation in accordance with the AGI quality assurance documents.
- To maintain an awareness of current hardware and software techniques such that these techniques may be adopted as and when necessary.
- To maintain an awareness of related product developments.
- To perform tasks which fall within the general requirements of the Company as and when directed by the Business Manager.
- To provide occasional support (i.e. work) off-site or at Customer location which may include installation of equipment, trials support, training etc. worldwide
- To work closely with other project team members and liaise with other departments within AGI including the Drawing Office, Production, Customer Support and QA in connection with the above duties and responsibilities.
- To liaise with customers when necessary to establish technical requirements, provide installation and technical support.
- To liaise with sub-contractors and suppliers when necessary.
- A formal Electronic/Computing qualification such as BSc/BEng/HNC/HND including knowledge of:
- Digital and analogue electronic design, test and debug
- Embedded microprocessor design
- C programming
- Schematic capture and PCB design
- System design and requirements capture
- System integration
- CE compliance requirements
- Project planning and reporting tools
- Microsoft office applications including drawing packages