|Job Ref:||EMP376162||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Salary:||Negotiable||Post Date:||07/10/2016 21:29|
Our global engineering client is looking for a Product Design Engineer to join their growing business.|
The successful Design Engineer will be required to produce 2D & 3D drawings and models to support projects to a high degree of accuracy and within specified time scales.
• To work as part of a cross functional team designing and detailing products ensuring safety and functionality are met in accordance with the customer requirements and current legislation.
• To design and detail product that encompasses the principles of design for manufacture and manual assembly including mistake proofing.
• To produce product designs that are commercially acceptable in all respects ie: cost and inventory.
• The management of project and product data to ensure that effective traceability is maintained through the product life cycle.
Knowledge & Key Skills:
• Sound knowledge of the documentation and data control requirements within an ISO9000 / ISO16949 Quality system.
• Must be able to multi-task across one or more projects at any one time either individually or as part of a cross functional team. As part of this you must be able to recognise timescale issues thereby developing and implementing corrective actions to ensure the deadlines are met.
• Sound understanding of mechanical design principals relating to pressure vessels and valves including machined parts, welded structures, plastic mouldings and seal mechanisms.
• Sound knowledge of major manufacturing processes including welding, machining, forming, moulding, casting, rapid prototyping techniques and assembly techniques within a low / medium volume manufacturing environment.
• An in depth knowledge, understanding and application of BS308 / 8888 / ANSI Y14.5
• Working knowledge of SAP would be advantageous
• MSc, BEng, BSc or HND in Mechanical Engineering coupled with relevant experience.
Essential Previous Experience:
• In depth knowledge and experience of the using a 2D / 3D CAD system (CATIA) in preparation of drawings and models.
• Experience of a new product introduction process design / project management coupled with design knowledge of castings, extrusions, moulded parts / structures, machined parts, welded structures, seal mechanisms and pressure vessels.