|Job Ref:||TWMA-UKDY01202083||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 22:04|
With 61 production and engineering sites and 18 service centres in 28 countries, Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in the rail industry. We cover the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from complete trains to sub-systems, maintenance services, system integration and signalling. Our installed base of rolling stock exceeds 100,000 rail cars and locomotives worldwide. Our 39,400 employees continue a proud tradition of delivering ingenious rail transportation solutions.
Bombardier's Litchurch Lane factory is the UK's leading and longest-standing train manufacturing site, founded in 1876 by the Midland Railway, is recognized as the most efficient train factory and a global centre of excellence in aluminium train technology in Bombardier's global network, forming an integrated works where trains are designed as well as assembled. The trains being delivered from the Derby manufacturing facility have recorded world record breaking reliability statistics.
We are currently looking to recruit a Lead Reliability Performance Engineer, (m/f), based in Derby, United Kingdom.
The primary purpose of this role is to manage of the reliability growth and Failure Reporting and Corrective Action system (FRACAS) process for all fleets of trains introduced into to service from the Derby site.
The holder of this position is responsible for the coordination of activities on a project with a budget in some cases in excess of 40000 engineering hours and € 2 million ODCs.
• Development, Maintenance and Operation of a detailed plan and budget.
• Day to day coordination and direction of subordinate staff on assigned activities.
• Management of the reliability growth and Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) of all newly introduced fleets from the Derby site.
• Participate and lead on the development and production of processes for the management of reliability growth and FRACAS, and ensure all future development of corporate objectives are aligned and acceptable.
• Sound understanding of concepts and procedures in product safety and a good knowledge in related disciplines
1. Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
2. Fault Tree Analysis Methodology
3. Hazard and operability (HAZOP)
4. Failure Reporting and Corrective Action system (FRACAS)
• Systems Integration experience and System Architectural understanding required
• Very good team leadership skills
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation in the UK? If so, apply now at company website and start your dynamic career today!
Your ideas move people!
Posting date: 14.10.2016
Closing date: 13.11.2016
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37