the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one great idea at a time. We provide the environment where these ideas thrive and grow into great products or customer experiences.
You will be part of the Product Development Engineering, Aerospace team where it all starts for Bombardier as it sets the stage to take full advantage of its investments and the tremendous growth potential of its new products. The organization is responsible for bringing new aircraft programs to their successful entry-into-service. Currently, these new products are the all-new CSeries commercial aircraft and the high-performance Global 7000/Global 8000 business jets.
This role is part of the new Global 7000/Global 8000 aircraft product development team supporting the Final Assembly Line. You will be part of a dynamic Integrated Product Development team (IPDT) that is involved in all technical and production functions. In your role, you will implement optimal solutions which integrate the latest manufacturing technologies and processes for major aircraft structures and completions.
In your role, you will:
- Coordinate & Facilitate the RFC Change Management from initiation to implementation on multiple FTVs
- Plan the integration of engineering activities for FAL Systems and structures team
- Coordinate the dispositions of NCRs/VNCRs as required with the multi-disciplinary team including the suppliers.
- Plan/Coordinate the execution of Engineering Inspections with Work Packages and SMEs
- Act as an Aircraft point of contact for FAL Engineering at various cross-functional meetings.
- Support the Global 7000/8000 Final Line Assembly by supporting all engineering related activities for a timely resolution to production line issues.
- Work with the product development project team to assists with Change Management activities, including preparation of written material and presentations.
- Support the organization of all functional testing and technical investigations on Final Line issues
- Prepare, with your colleagues, the periodical reviews while following the BES development phases. Present to senior management Engineering status as it pertains to FAL support
- Develop good working relationships with various departments within BA and with all suppliers
- This position is based in Toronto
As our ideal candidate,
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- You hold a Bachelor of Engineering Degree. PMP certification is an asset
- You have strong communication skills, and the ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- You have superior skills in MS Office including Access, Excel, Powerpoint and MS Project
- You have experience in providing engineering support to the Final Line/ Production
- You have 3-5 years of experience with multidisciplinary team in the Aerospace industry
- You have experience in project management as well as knowledge of aircraft development cycle
- You have organizational and leadership skills
- You have the ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- You have a logical and flexible mindset, show initiative and demonstrate overview/detailed approaches.
- Some activities will require work outside of normal business hours and potential of shifts will be expected
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at NA
Your ideas move people.