the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one great idea at a time. We provide the environment where these ideas thrive and grow into great products or customer experiences.
You will be part of the Product Development Engineering, Aerospace team where it all starts for Bombardier as it sets the stage to take full advantage of its investments and the tremendous growth potential of its new products. The organization is responsible for bringing new aircraft programs to their successful entry-into-service. Currently, these new products are the all-new CSeries commercial aircraft and the high-performance Global 7000/Global 8000 business jets.
In your role, you will:
- Conduct aircraft Stability & Control analyses using in-house software.
- Support the development and modifications to dynamic flight simulation models.
- Provide support to production and production flight-test for aerodynamic and aircraft handling related issues and non-conformances.
- Participate in the planning and execution of flight tests.
- Participate in the planning and execution of wind tunnel tests.
- Develop, use and maintain in-house software and methods.
- Interface with other internal disciplines and external partners/suppliers to ensure efficient data-flow and decision-making.
- Prepare Technical Reports, Test Plans, Requirements Documents, Work Statements and Cost Estimates.
- Perform analyses and write reports that demonstrate aircraft compliance to airworthiness regulations.
- Keep abreast of advances in the state of the art and in Regulatory Requirements.
- The position involves data- and information-exchange with in-house disciplines such as Weights, Flight Controls, Customer Engineering, Airworthiness, Systems, Testing, Production and In-Service Support .
As our ideal candidate,
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- This position is at an intermediate level in Core Technical Engineering.
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
- You have at least eight (8) years of specialization in aircraft flight dynamics, aerodynamics, stability and control, aircraft handling, and flight simulation.
- You have previous experience with FORTRAN and/or C and/or C programming, and the UNIX operating system is an asset.
- You have experience with dynamic flight simulations using commercial codes such as MATLAB/Simulink or MATRIXx is required.
- Basic understanding of aerodynamics, aeroelasticity, and aircraft design are expected.
- Basic understanding of aircraft structures/systems and familiarity with airworthiness regulations is desirable.
- Proficiency in preparing technical reports and presentations via office-software is a pre-requisite.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at NA
Your ideas move people.