Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||1618530||Employer:||Tyco||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Thames||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 22:08|
Head of Sales (Marine) |
We have a fantastic opening for a highly motivated, Senior Sales Manager , the role will report into our Sales Director & you will be responsible for the Marine sales division of JCI/Tyco.
The successful candidate will manage a team of direct sellers and develop and maintain client relationships with existing and new clients, you will be responsible for 15-20 direct reports, and carry a sales budget of around £18 million, the role will involve regular, global travel.
Package: Base 62k 25k OTC, Company Car, Pension & 25 day’s holiday
• Good understanding of the Marine Market (preffered but not essential)
• Very proactive, an excellent communicator at all levels, internally, with customers and other JCI/Tyco partners
• Success in driving high performing sales teams
• A strong team player and results driven
• Strong account management and relationship building skills
• Experience of managing major customer accounts
• Highly self-motivated
Principal Responsibilities :
• To closely manage and develop both new and existing clients in the Marine market place by employing a consultative, partnership approach.
• To increase the value of the portfolio in line with the agreed annual sales plan.
• To be involved in developing account management strategies and tactical plans for all accounts within the portfolio.
• To regularly meet customers in line with the agreed sales plan, focusing on understanding the clients business, identifying their needs and proposing solutions-led proposals that are fit for purpose and complement strategy.
• To provide flexible support for the Sales Director responsible for Oil, Gas and Marine.
• To seek and exploit opportunities for continuous professional development.
• Experience and Knowledge of the marine market place is advantageous.
• Customer Focus - Recognising and understanding customer needs and delivering service that exceeds customer expectations. Listens to and values customer suggestions and feedback. Actively promotes the fulfilment of customer needs within his/her group and the organisation as a whole
• Planning and Organising - effectively organising and planning work according to organisational needs by defining objectives and anticipating needs and priorities. Good time management skills to handle several projects simultaneously. Achieves goals and deadlines.
• Organisation Savvy - Recognising and understanding organisational politics and working within organisation dynamics to accomplish objectives. Able to build and maintain partnerships and alliances and use them effectively to get needed resources and accomplish objectives
• Written Communication - Having the skills to communicate to others in a written format. Able to organise and articulate thoughts well in a formal and informal writings, adjusting the message, vocabulary and form of writing to communicate effectively with the target audience
• Influencing and Persuading - Convincing others to adopt a course of action. Able to understand the audience and modify the method of persuasion accordingly, has a win-win approach, is confident and does not give up easily.
• Presentation Skills - Having the skills to effectively communicate to an audience in a formal setting. Prepares material and thoughts well and delivers clear message appropriate for the audience making good use of visual presentation tools.
• Fully understands Sales growth and sales team management
• Previous experience (minimum 2 years) of working effectively in a relationship and business management focused capacity.