|Job Ref:||1614853||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Belfast||Address:||Post Code:||BT7||Post Date:||07/10/2016 22:11|
Position: Firmware Engineer|
Reports To: Hardware Manager
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities.
Our world-leading access control, video and intrusion brands brands - American Dynamics, Bentel, CEM Systems, DSC, Kantech, Software House and Sur-Gard - have more combined years of experience in the security industry than any other group in the world. Our security integration platforms, built by our developers from across all product disciplines allow our customers to see more, do more, and save more.
CEM Systems is a leading provider of customized security management solutions including integrated access control, ID Badging and alarm monitoring systems.
Manufacturing the hardware and system software, CEM's range of solutions are expandable and have the option to be fully integrated with third party external subsystems. The end result is a fully integrated security management system embracing access control, audio, intrusion, video, intercoms and other related subsystems.
The successful applicant will be expected to Design, prototype and test Embedded Firmware for electronic circuits and product. The Firmware must be developed within the agreed time-scales, to specification and in accordance with CEM's quality procedures. The engineer will be expected to perform thorough developer testing so that very few defects are found during the external Test phase. The programmer will be expected to document their work and provide thorough test scripts.
Education & Experience
• BSC Hons Degree Electronic Engineering or combination of relevant education (HND,HNC) and work related experience.
Essential Competencies & Skills
Integrity, Excellence, Accountability, Communication, Innovation, Problem Solving & Analysis, Teamwork
• Proven track record in developing firmware within a formal quality system. This should cover the whole test process from planning, through test plan development, execution and result reporting.
• Should demonstrate a methodical approach to problem solving and an awareness of customer needs.
• Ability to team-work, and communicate clearly using technical-papers, and email.
• Ability to provide technical advice and information to Support personnel in all aspects of software fault finding.
• C language
• RTOS such as Keil, and Embedded Linux
• Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize workload and tasks.
• Self-motivation, tenacity, flexible and reliable in approach to work.
Desirable Competencies & Skills
• SQL experience would be an advantage.
• Proficient in MS Word/ Office Tools.
As a Firmware Engineer, the successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
• Generate firmware design documents
• Prototype and test of Embedded Firmware in electronic circuits and products
• Assisting Manufacturing engineering with Test & production processes, and Support department in dealing with technical queries
• Ensure products comply with necessary regulatory, legal and safety requirements.
• Create, modify and update engineering documentation and change notices
The job will be based in Belfast, Northern Ireland and may involve a degree of travel to other companies within the segment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Although no job description can adequately detail the full scope of duties necessary, the requirements listed above are a representation of the levels of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform these activities.