Associate Director, Distribution Operations Americas |
Tyco is one of the world’s largest pure-play fire safety and security companies. We help to protect more than three million industrial, commercial and residential customers worldwide. Our 69,000 employees include a diverse group of scientists and engineers, sales professionals, technicians and business leaders.
In more than 1,000 locations in nearly 50 countries – including research and development labs, manufacturing facilities, service and distribution centers, monitoring centers and sales offices – Tyco employees work together to deliver tailored, industry-specific and location-specific fire protection and security solutions to customers around the world.
Tyco is currently looking for a Associate Director, Distribution Operations Americas at our Lithia Springs, GA location. Oversee all of the distribution centers within the Americas Logistics & Distribution (L&D) network. Provide Leadership to the Americas Distribution Organization in managing to a Zero Harm expectation, providing the highest level of Customer Experience including Quality and Service that drives to a best in class level of efficiency and developing the skill sets of the team to drive improved processes and business results for Tyco. Drive for best practices across the distribution network. Partner with the Business Units, Global L&D Peers, Customer Service, Supply Chain Leaders, and 3PL Providers to develop and implement innovative strategies to improve the warehouse operating efficiencies, and customer/delivery services. Monitor trends in the industry so that Tyco is prepared to take advantage of changes in technology, regulation, and innovation. Responsibilities and leadership of organizations in excess of 400 people across multiple sites and countries.
- Responsible for leading and managing all of the central, regional and 3PL distribution operations located in North, Central, and South Americas (26 locations, footprint >1 Million ft 2 ).
- Responsible for supporting all Tyco Business Units and servicing domestic and global customers (>$1.7B Revenue). Experience in managing budgets of $70M or more, and finished goods inventory >$150M.
- Drive a culture of safety within the warehouse operations where all employees embrace and participate in a Zero Harm environment.
- Responsible for servicing domestic and international customers located in 70 counties and oversees the performance all Distribution operations, including all employee management, inventory, and equipment.
- Develops and implements regional distribution strategies to achieve high service levels and optimal inventory placement. Ensures that all distribution work is performed in an efficient, profitable, safe and productive manner and in adherence to company policies, local, state, federal and international laws.
- Responsible for achieving all company goals as assigned to the L&D Americas organization.
- Directly impacts business profitability and customer experience. Operational responsibility for end results, planning, and finances/budget; sets policies and business strategy for an area or region.
- Provide a high level of safety awareness among the warehouse teams through continual interaction, communications, education and enforcement of safe work practices. Identify and implement best practices across all locations to provide a zero harm environment.
- Conduct both targeted and holistic reviews of the distribution network, in partnership with key stakeholders, to ensure the network reflects the needs of the business and maintains required flexibility.
- Develop and implement strategies for warehouse operations, inventory management, and order management that will ensure finished products are delivered to customers and regional distribution centers in the most cost effective efficient and timely manner.
- Coordinates internal stock transfers from CDCs to RDCs and Tyco’s EMEA and APAC distribution networks.
- Responsible for all day-to-day activities of the distribution centers. Provide direction and management to L&D staff. Define department work priorities and at times may be involved in the complexities of day-to-day operations.
- Proactively identify and resolve customer service and supply chain issues.
- Evaluate distribution network design and develop strategies to optimize footprint requirements while maximizing delivery service.
- Identify and implement processes and new technologies that will improve warehouse efficiencies, quality, costs, and safety.
- Develop and execute to annual budget and all related fiscal forecasting and planning activities, including but not limited to expense and capital budgeting, planning, inventory (asset & product), cost controls, and productivity objectives, and operational execution.
- Responsible for the management of people resources through good practices, employee appraisal systems, implementation of compensation and benefit programs, communication systems, and performance management techniques.
- Ensure through succession planning that employee bench strength and staffing levels are in place to successfully meet and exceed our operational, customer, employee and organizational long term commitments.
- Insure all shipping and receiving operations are in compliance with all applicable local, state and federal environmental, safety & health, OSHA, DOT, HAZMAT, ITCO regulations and reporting requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement and cost reduction projects. Identify and implement best practices across Internal and the External organizations.
- Provide support and input to Senior Leadership at the corporate level in the establishment of performance objectives and strategies to ensure the achievement of company forecasts while maintaining a high level of customer service to our stores.
- The ability to be a resource to the business units served for resolving fulfillment challenges.
- Employee has authority to make significant decisions within functional area and contributes to business unit decisions.
- Experience in designing effective and efficient distribution networks.
Must have experience with warehouse design and automation.
- A Bachelors Degree in Business or Engineering is required but Master’s Degree preferred.
- Must have 10 years or more functional experience, 6-8 years of managerial experience including multisite and 3PL providers.
- Strong supply chain background and experience in leading multisite L&D organizations and driving change.
- Must have a strong interpersonal and team building skills with responsibility for employee development.
- Must have a strong background in supply chain management and logistics and distribution operations.
- Must be able to work seamlessly across multiple functions within the organization to understand requirements and lead change management in order to deliver an enterprise wide program.
- Ability to work across as well as upwards in the organization to establish strong working relationships and gain consensus for programs.
- Ability to work across functions in the organization to champion change. Comfortable with a level of ambiguity and a willingness to make decisions based on the information at hand.
- Ability to manage multiple Distribution Center operations across multiple countries.
- Experience working with demanding and complex internal and external customer requirements.
- Ability to understand cross functional requirements to develop an optimized solution.
- Experience with ERP and warehouse management systems (WMS) / Labor Management Systems / automated warehouses / RF scanning/ Pick Pack Operations/ Case Pick Operations/ Pallet Pick Operations/ equipment / safety programs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver cross functional and optimized supply chain solutions within a matrix structure.
- Proven track record in managing multiple teams across multiple locations. Leads functional teams and various levels of managers.
- Comprehensive understanding of customer needs. Identifies and interprets changes in customer requirements re-aligning policies, procedures and priorities.
- Up to 25% travel domestic and internationally.
Must have experience in international commerce and trade compliance.