|Job Ref:||144410BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United States||County/State:||Connecticut||City:||Groton||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 22:36|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM's Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM's Government business line and is comprised of three divisions - International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
AECOM is currently seeking an BLQ-10 Electronic Warfare Technician to support efforts in Groton, CT. The successful candidate will provide technical evaluation and perform the required corrective actions for Submarine Surveillance systems casualties in accordance with the Joint Fleet Maintenance Manual and all other applicable Navy Maintenance Procedures; draft Technical Assistance Visit reports upon completion of corrective actions; assist in the disassembly, reassembly, installation and testing of the BLQ-10 systems onboard all classes of submarines; and provide support to engineering and design staff in a variety of engineering tasks in the installation, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, calibration, testing, fabrication, construction and operation of diverse electronic/mechanical equipment and systems in accordance with engineering specifications.
1. Install, monitor, and service equipment and systems at Company and client sites.
2. Assist with test and evaluation, checkout, certification tasks. Perform validations/ verifications of various electronic systems.
3. Review change proposals for equipment impacts.
4. Assist in accomplishing Engineering Change Instructions.
5. Develop technical/engineering data for Planned Maintenance Systems, technical manuals, trouble-shooting procedures, drawing updates, operation procedures, and maintainability improvements.
6. Support systems engineering activities with subject matter expertise.
7. Establish and maintain a filing system, databases and logs as needed for tracking project status and inventory.
8. Direct on-site customer interface for equipment/systems installation, testing, survey, fabrication, and other engineering tasks as needed.
9. Comply with engineering documentation standards, engineering plans, and system specifications and test procedures.
10. Provide technical data and evaluation for components, equipment and systems consistent with engineering plans, layout and contract requirements.
11. Serve as senior/lead technician and assist in the training of other technicians.
12. May support engineers in the development of technical proposal and provide input on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
13. Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.