|Job Ref:||GC00530||Employer:||Interserve||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Twyford||Address:||Post Code:||OX17||Post Date:||08/10/2016 00:06|
Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
To support the Group Property Operations Manager with the management of Interserve's (mostly leasehold) operational and non-operational estate which comprises in excess of 300 properties and has a combined rent roll of over £10m pa and a further £3pa on service charge and business rates. The jobholder shall be responsible for the day-to-day management of Interserve's property portfolio (including acquisitions, disposals, lease renewals, rent reviews and break options) in the pursuit of making best use of its estate. This includes realising consolidation, co-location and rationalisation opportunities and reducing the holding of vacant or surplus space.
• Managing acquisition processes including property searches, due diligence and negotiating Heads of Terms through to completion of the lease
• Managing disposal processes including mitigation of total lease exit costs and compliance with dilapidations / yielding-up obligations
• Leading the diligent management of leave events including lease renewals, rent reviews and break options
• Managing relationships with landlords and tenants and consultants in dealing with all surveying and legal work
• Developing Lease Summary documents for all properties within the estate
• Responsibility for ensuring property information is input accurately onto the Property Database by the Group Property Administrator
• Reviewing the Property Database on a monthly basis and reporting on all forthcoming lease events (e.g. lease expiries, break options, rent reviews) within a 12-month window
• Where applicable, oversee administration of the service charge at relevant properties owned or sub-let by Interserve
What we are looking for
Essential MRICS (Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors)
Desirable At least two year's post-qualification experience with a property agency or other commercial property enterprise.
Ability to manage a variety of external consultants and to develop strong relationships with stakeholders, landlords, tenants and external professionals.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.