Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
To perform electrical maintenance to both plant and building equipment throughout a number of client sites.
- The Maintenance Technician will be employed on work appropriate to his/her core special skills.
- Will be expected to have acquired elements of other skills which will enable them to work flexibly across trades.
- Will operate as part of an effective Professional Estates Maintenance team. The post holder will have drive and enthusiasm, be self motivated and be expected to work on his/her own initiative and work as part of at team.
- The post holder will be required to participate in a 24/7 365 day rotating shift pattern with an average working week of 37.5 hours. Participating on an on-call rota and being available for reasonable overtime as needed.
- The post holders main place of work will be the R.V.I, Newcastle but may be required to work at other sites where deemed necessary. Reasonable notice will be given.
- To perform any electrical task and other associated tasks on any part of the site as may be required and shall include any of the under mentioned tasks.
- Carry out P.P.M., service, test, diagnose, repair and calibrate advanced electrical and mechanical installations, plant and equipment.
- React to breakdown maintenance requests.
- Carry out isolations for specialist maintenance sub-contractors.
- Work safely and in accordance with company Health and Safety procedures.
- Help maintain accurate estates records and plant history.
- Participate in out of normal hours on call procedure.
- Deal with new situations as they arise.
- Pass on working knowledge as required.
- Undertake training as required.
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
What we are looking for
- Manual handling.
- Relevant experience in the discipline area.
- Appreciation of industry safety standards and procedures.
- Will have specific knowledge in a particular field which matched the requirements of the department.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.