|Job Ref:||DE01203STR||Employer:||Interserve||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Kent||Address:||Post Code:||TN23||Post Date:||08/10/2016 00:06|
Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Hourly-Paid |
About the role
We are looking for dynamic and highly motivated Healthcare Assistants who want to make a real difference in a client's life. Working on a live-in basis 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off.
Our client has a history of cardiac difficulties and has recently suffered a moderate stroke. He is now incontinent and is catheterised. He requires hoist transfers with the assistance of 2 workers at all times. This is achieved by both a nurse and a carer working during the day time and a carer overnight whilst he is in bed.
He lives with his wife, in a large manor house with extensive gardens. They are beautifully situated in the Kent countryside. Our client loves the outdoors and spending time with his carers in his delightful gardens. He has an electric wheelchair which helps care staff to facilitate this.
Our client is fully dependant on his workers for all aspects of his daily care. His needs include a daily shower, assistance with dressing, supervision of mobility, administering of medication and some companionship/conversation.
The candidate would be expected to have excellent communication skills and be keen to empower and promote our clients choice and preferred daily activities. They should have an appreciation for the country side and nature as these are things that our client loves.
You may be expected to assist with some light household duties alongside supporting the Live-in RN. The Healthcare Assistant in question would be part of an established Nurse and domestic staff team.
The benefits of this care package are that it is stable, in an attractive location, with comfortable accommodation and superb rates of pay. There are regular and consistent shift patterns available.
Following skills & experience required:
• 6 months previous care experience.
• Experience of working with clients with complex care needs (advantageous).
• Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening.
• Have a caring and compassionate attitude.
• Can commit to regular hours.
• Dementia Medication management.
• Manual handling.
• Experience with Stroke victims.
• Awareness of cardiac failure.
• Management of reduced mobility (Including Hoisting).
• Personal care and catheter care.
About the Company
Interserve Healthcare delivers specialist healthcare services to clients in their own homes and in healthcare establishments throughout the UK. We recruit Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Support Workers on a national basis to deliver outstanding care and support to our ever-growing client base.
What we can offer you:
• Excellent rates of pay which range from £750.00 to £880.00 per week plus holiday pay
• On-going 24/7 support from the Senior Nurse Team
• Refer a friend bonus scheme
• First refusal to other care opportunities
• Members loyalty scheme
Interserve Healthcare is an Investors in Diversity accredited company & committed to equal opportunities for all (Agy).