|Job Ref:||CHRFDE126||Employer:||Randstad||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wantage||Address:||Post Code:||OX12||Salary:||£ 35 per hour||Post Date:||08/10/2016 00:14|
Design Engineer required on a contract basis to join an industry leading automotive business.|
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of automotive technology? Do you have a background as a design engineer using NX? Have you got a background of designing and developing complex components and systems in an advanced engineering environment? If you are seeking an exciting technical challenge then this is the contract role for you!
You will take designs from concepts through to volume production. You will work closely with a range of customers from SMB's to major OEM's to interpret requirements and deliver engineered solutions within weight, cost and timing targets.
* Working within project teams to undertake a wide range of either mechanical, composite and electrical design projects for a broad customer base.
* Be responsible for taking engineering designs from concept through to manufacture working within customers cost and timing requirements.
* Component design and detailing using Siemens NX 7.5 and TeamCentre. Working knowledge of CATIA V5 would be an advantage.
* Attend design reviews to present design ideas and to discuss and critique alternative design solutions.
* Work closely with project Technical Lead to fulfil customer requirements.
* Work closely with purchasing and production departments to ensure cost and manufacturing capability.
* Assist in generating and presenting project material.
* To attend component tests as required.
* Problem solving and fault rectification.
* A Degree in mechanical, automotive, electrical or aerospace engineering.
* Must have a proven experience of mechanical design in the specialist automotive or motorsport industry or be able to show that your extensive experience in an advanced engineering environment is transferable.
* High level of CAD literacy in Siemens NX 7.5 and TeamCentre.
* Working knowledge of CATIA V5 would be useful.
* Good working knowledge of proprietary PC software e.g. MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
* Ability to use your initiative and respond quickly to problems.
* Ability to manage your own workload and projects.
* Ability to maintain high standards of staff and department presentation, as appropriate for a facility visited by potential customers and other VIP's.
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading automotive / motorsport consultancy business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.