|Job Ref:||CHRFSB66||Employer:||Randstad||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Shoreham-by-sea||Address:||Salary:||£ 35,000 - £ 50,000 per year||Post Date:||08/10/2016 00:14|
Strategic buyer required on a permanent basis to join an industry leading engineering business.|
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity with an advanced engineering business? Do you have a background as a strategic buyer? Have you got experience of sourcing new suppliers and contract negotiation? If you are seeking an exciting technical challenge then this is the role for you!
You will play a key role in identifying suppliers, negotiating and delivering all project purchase contracts and plans, ensuring delivery promises are maintained by suppliers
* Supplier contract implementation
* Be involved with SQA to manage the supplier selection process
* Work with DFM to obtain 'best cost' for all development parts
* To expedite orders in accordance with purchase order requirements
* Issue out NDA's and maintain the NDA register
* Maintain the programme BoM's with purchasing information to ensure all parts being dealt with in a timely manner; drive in conjunction with engineering the drawing release process with dates to maintain project timings
* Work with the programme team (Engineering, Quality, DFM) to communicate & improve as required delivery dates for project phases
* Maintains and promote sound relationships with suppliers and the business community
* Deal with supplier enquires and acknowledgments
* Create and maintain mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers to foster feedback and continuous improvement
* Manage suppliers, cost, quality, and delivery performance
* Proven progressive procurement experience in a related industry
* CIPS qualified or part qualified
* Automotive Quality Process experience highly desirable- APQP/PPAP
* Project Procurement and NPI experience
* Basic engine/engineering knowledge
* Ability to read engineering drawings
* Manufacturing experience and awareness
* Cross-functional business team environment experience preferred
* Proven ability to self-manage and deliver on time to budget
* Excellent Inter-personal skills to build relationship internally and externally
* Excellent negotiation skills
* Reliable and flexible in their approach
* Sage 300 would advantageous
* Full current drivers licence
* Ability to travel - mainly UK and Europe
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.