|Job Ref:||MTBPJJ||Employer:||Randstad||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Blackpool||Address:||Post Code:||FY3||Salary:||Competitive||Post Date:||08/10/2016 00:14|
Are you looking for a new role as a Maintenance Technician? Do you want to support the production department to ensure that the facility, manufacturing plant and equipment are maintained to a reliable, safe and high standard? If the answer is yes, this role is for you!|
The Maintenance Technician will be ensuring the maintenance of production equipment is carried out to agreed schedules. This is a fantastic contract opportunity to play a key role and to work for an industry leader!
A 12 month contract is on offer, based in Leeds with free on site parking. You will be paid weekly, one week in arrears. The role is full time, 37 hours a week are to be worked, and you will also be entitled to a pension plan and holiday pay.
* To follow and promote company, HS&E and Quality standards to enable the site to achieve and maintain the required results for manufacturing, audit and traceability purposes.
* To provide a support function for the manufacturing plant and equipment to ensure it is appropriately and adequately maintained.
* Record equipment work history on the CMMS system and ensuring relevant documentation and procedures are duly maintained and updated.
* To ensure that all systems and equipment comply with the company insurance standards and legislation
* To design and implement innovative controls and procedures to support the company continuous improvement environment.
* To support new equipment purchases, installation and validation activities.
* Ensure maintenance of production equipment is carried out to agreed schedules.
* To support innovations for cost and energy reduction.
* Participate in equipment & Lean improvement activities.
* Monitoring and control of equipment spare parts.
* To support the facilities and production departments as and when required.
* Maintain a professional attitude and approach when dealing with internal / external customers or suppliers in line with the global leadership profile.
* To provide a security service ensuring the site is opened and closed and to ensure that only necessary equipment and lighting is powered on prior to the site being locked up.
* As an emergency key holder, respond to call out as necessary.
* Ensures that all activities are carried out in compliance with all regulations and laws governing business and quality operations (FDA / GMP/ BSI / ISO, etc.).
* Responsible for ensuring staff and department compliance with all local, national, international and company regulations, policies and procedures for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance. Experience and qualifications:
Attributes / Experience required:
* Previous relevant engineering experience
* GCSE level Maths and English
* 5 GCSE/O levels including maths or relevant science, OR TEC certificate
* Time Served Mechanical and / or Electrical Engineer
* Attention to detail
* Excellent time management and forward planning
* Work to deadlines
* Ability to produce and work to written procedures
* Be able to work safely within a complex working environment
* Initially works with frequent supervision against specific targets
* When fully trained will work with less frequent supervision and take decisions at own discretion
* Basic Maths and English essential.
* Basic Science background preferred
* Production Line or Laboratory work desirable
* PLC experience
* Flexible towards overtime (weekend & evenings).
* Ability to learn complex tasks within the Work Centre
* MS Office (Excel)
* Maximo understanding
* Liquid Line Filling experience
* Packaging machinery experience
* Facility maintenance experience
* Clean room experience / understanding
If this role is of interest to yourself, and matches your skills sets and experience then please click apply below to submit your CV. Please ensure your up to date contact details are on your CV before applying. If your application is shortlisted, we will call you and discuss the role in further detail to ensure this role is what you are looking for and meets our clients needs.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.