|Job Ref:||CHRFTVE46||Employer:||Randstad||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Post Code:||PE1||Salary:||£ 25 - £ 34 per hour||Post Date:||08/10/2016 00:14|
Test / Validation Engineer required on a contract basis to join an industry leading manufacturing business.|
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of diesel engine technology? Do you have a background as a test and validation engineer? Have you got experience of working with cross functional teams to deliver complex projects? If you are seeking an exciting technical challenge then this is the contract role for you!
You will work in number of functional areas including, but not limited to, product design, development, research, metallurgy, quality, reliability, materials, manufacturing process, application and installation, product performance/support, service, and facilities.
To be successful you will have the ability to gather relevant information, compare and contrast data, identify relationships, and predict and manage failures. Challenges include challenging the status quo and championing new initiatives, collaborating with team members and other teams, and keeping abreast of advancing technology. Decisions may affect the work group or project team, suppliers, multiple units, and both internal and external customers, and these decisions have significant impact on warranty, total cost of non-quality, customer perception, costs, sales, and the leveraging of technology.
* Review the work of technicians or other support personnel, provide technical advice to individuals at various levels in the organization and work with another unit or team.
* Analyze, identify, and apply engineering techniques to solve problems and make recommendations.
* Perform needs analysis and initiate ideas; evaluate new products, processes, or systems.
* Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units.
* Contribute to the design of new products and processes.
* Perform product and process maintenance.
* Collaborate with and support other engineers, managers, marketing personnel, customers and suppliers, maintain technical currency, and represent the company externally
* Requires a bachelor degree in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum or proven progressive experience in a similar role.
* Requires excellent analytical skills.
* Proven ability to work on increasingly complex assignments, either through on-the-job assignments or through pursuit of the advanced degree.
* Experience working with a different unit or working with different products, processes, or systems is desirable.
* Must have ability to communicate effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well employees in other units, customers, and suppliers.
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading engine manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.