|Job Ref:||KM-BD0710||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£ 55,000 - £ 75,000 per year, Car, Pension, Bonus||Post Date:||08/10/2016 00:15|
Role: Business Development Manager
An established civil engineering contractor with specialist earthworks and remediation capabilities operates in three major regions across the country- Scotland, North of England & South of England. This post is to cover the operations in North of England with the region stretching from the Midlands to the border with Scotland. The opportunity for occasional support in the Scottish region may be required. Turnover is circa £30M.
An exciting opportunity for an experienced and senior Business Development Manager with a leading Civils contractor has arisen. They are looking to appoint a Business Development Manager for the North. This exceptional opportunity will allow an experienced individual to lead and manage the business development function across the region.
* Excellent salary
* Clear opportunities for career progression
* Bonus Scheme
* Company Car/Car Allowance
* Become a key internal team member. Represent the Group. Represent and articulate the activities of the region and the entire Group.
* Work closely with the Pre-construction Director and the Regional Operations Director.
* The projects undertaken in the region are complex and involve many facets of the business. They are targeted to maximise success and returns and make best use of our specialist resources.
* The region has a strong order book however the role will involve the improvement of the client base to provide opportunities for growth in the targeted sectors.
* Significant potential to influence business success .
You'll get to...
* Develop and maintain positive relationships with key clients.
* Maintain an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of relevant Regulations within the Civil Engineering Sector.
* Research market data and utilise database and construction media to support the development and review of the Business Development Strategy.
* Identify and qualify leads on targeted schemes and clients in order to develop a pipeline of future business opportunities.
* Take responsibility for the completion and on time submission of pre-qualification questionnaires, invitations to tender and supplier questionnaires.
* Liaise with and support the engineering and estimating teams within the tendering process.
* Represent the Company at Client meetings and deliver company presentations. Aim to create and develop awareness of the company's capabilities and to secure submitted tenders. Promote the company brand and core competencies.
* Networking to improve company visibility.
* Visit sites, keep an up-to-date project book with live data. Manage and interpret the data and analyse in an intelligent & strategic manner.
* Monthly reports on performance, meetings, market trends, pipelines and related performance criteria.
* Monthly reports on regional BD activity for presentation to the Group Pre-Construction Director.
* An ability to support and contribute to the regional business strategy and direction.
* Business development and marketing methods and techniques.
* Exceptional communication skills.
* Experience within a Business Development role within the civil engineering.
* Thorough understanding of civil engineering and construction markets.
* Computer literate - competent user of Microsoft Office packages (Word / Excel / PowerPoint).
For more information call Katherine Moorcroft or email Katherine. Moorcroft@ randstadcpe. com
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.