|Job Ref:||EM/546/TM||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nottingham||Address:||Post Code:||NG7||Salary:||Competitive||Post Date:||08/10/2016 00:15|
* Take a 'whole company' perspective to the performance of the regional business by positively influencing and enhancing the profitability and operating effectiveness of the business.
* Manage the engineering function ensuring the effective compliance, control and deployment of all available Engineers.
* Manage and report all engineering requirements as per Group policies and processes.
* Manage the working partnerships with Housing Associations, third party providers and sub-contractors (where appropriate) to ensure that all contractual terms are met and ensure that all appointments and orders are placed, managed and settled as per Group policies and processes.
* Engage fully in the process of determining, agreeing and delivering site start programmes and development programmes within agreed timescales.
* Manage the engineering roles within the department in accordance with the relevant job description.
* Produce or procure comprehensive feasibility studies and technical investigations for inclusion in Land Appraisals.
* Manage technical and regulatory approvals, adoptions, bonds and reimbursements and provides key status reports and updates on all KPIs relating to the technical function.
* Actively manage communications and operational interfaces with internal and external stakeholders to achieve the Regional business plan.
* Ensure that all necessary utility/services/supplier enquiries, quotations, acceptances and approvals are obtained in line with the regional business plan.
* Assist with the effective management of CDM-C / Health & Safety responsibilities on all developments.
* Assist in the delivery of effective and relevant legal documentation for each development or phase of development.
* Authorise and commit expenditure up to the Group approval limit.
* Ensure that the Company maximises its compliance with Group product, specification and deals.
* At all times comply with responsibilities under the Company's Health and Safety and Environmental and Corporate Responsibility Policies and all other company policies, procedures and instructions
Any other duties as reasonably requested.
* A relevant qualification or broad experience in Engineering Management
* A broad understanding of the Engineering aspects of the house building industry.
* Broad Technical knowledge and Commercial awareness
* A working knowledge of all ACAD and other software packages (for example Buzzsaw,Revit,PDS)
* Good Financial and Legal understanding
* Broad awareness of codes of practice that impact on technical matters e.g. Planning policy, Building Regulations, NHBC requirements, HSE etc.
Broad knowledge of Construction Design Management Regulations
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Engineering manager engineering