|Job Ref:||2003154-sef||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London||Address:||Salary:||£ 28,000 - £ 38,000 per year, car + benefits||Post Date:||08/10/2016 00:16|
Asbestos Lead Audit Consultant - London, £28,000 - £38,000|
This Environmental Consultancy provides the full range of asbestos management services required to comply with regulations. Through commitment to their customers and the continual development of their biggest asset, their people, they can offer job stability and the opportunity to develop in a rewarding work environment.
Main Purpose of the Role:
Accountable for continuous quality improvement, motoring, coaching, assessment and auditing of fee earning staff within the regional team
Key Responsibilities will include:
* Coaching and mentoring of staff executing the project work to assist with their development
* Maintaining of existing fee earning skills sets on the asbestos skills matrix
* Up-skilling of fee earning staff to acquire new skills to improve the overall utilisation of the regional team
* Maintaining of all accreditations ensuring that all working practices witnessed and executed are in full compliance with the businesses internal procedures
* Complying with the requirements of the weekend working protocol
* Technical review of project documentation to include the checking of other staffs report prior to release as required
* Ensures all technical skills are maintained to include the gaining of skills for compliance with the requirements outlined within the core competency area to undertake a fee earning role as directed by the Operations Manager
* Assists the Operations Manager with the complaint resolution process to include the implementation of preventative measures within project briefings to minimize the risk of a reoccurrence
* Responsible for the evaluation of contract documentation, bill of quantities, specifications, client quality plans, risk assessments
* Responsible for improving the overall quality of service provision of fee earning staff to exceed the group right first time measures
* Attends UKAS, BSI, Internal, Customer audits and assessments, taking responsibility for maintaining the accreditations held / gaining new accreditations
* Assists the Technical Manager with the necessary inputs / development of the Trainee Consultants in the Academy as agreed with the Operations Manager
Experience and Knowledge Required:
* Airborne fibre monitoring, fibre counting, supervision and clearance work in accordance with HSG 248 and internal UKAS procedures document APGN 1
* Surveying, bulk sampling and report approval in accordance with documented HSE procedures and internal procedures document APGN 2
* Excellent communication skills; ability to maintain and develop employee engagement
* Good leadership skills: can mentor and motivate a team to deliver a right first time product
* Create a culture that encourages customer excellence
* Evaluating and measuring to ensure continued improvement
* Able to generate and enable new ideas
* Compliance with monthly QA and QC
* Maintenance and up-skilling of technical skill set for the regional team
* Reduction in the anomalies identified under audit or via customer complaints
* Enhance quality of the service provision to the client measured via client satisfaction surveys
* 5 years' experience in all aspects of asbestos work.
* Good understanding of all aspects of running projects
* Positive attitude
* Good communication skills at all levels, both written and oral.
* Effective time management
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Flexibility and responsiveness to work
Level of Qualification:
BOHS P402, 403, 404, 405 or the Certificate of Competence in Asbestos
People are my clients greatest asset and their business is based on providing a professional working environment where they can develop to be the best that they can be.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful asbestos company that offers a competitive salary, company vehicle and other benefits.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills asbestos, asbestos jobs
qualification BOHS P402, 403, 404, 405 or the Certificate of Competence in Asbestos