|Job Ref:||BBBH141662||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Date:||08/10/2016 00:19|
Senior IT Engineer - Internet of Things - Cloud - Networking|
I am looking for a principle engineer to work on infrastructure/network in the area of Internet of things (IoT) and/or the Internet of Everything (IoE)
You will be a bright engineer who can create and lead solutions & technology for Internet of Things (IoT) experiments in Bristol. This will include system design, network design and development of proofs of concept leveraging on existing software tools. Additionally, integration with a private cloud system (OpenStack) will be needed to ensure the solution is replicable, so the candidate may face cloud/edge computing engineering problems.
You will join an expanding team to work on cutting edge an innovative technology. This is a superb opportunity to join a genuine world class systems engineering team, interfacing with High Performance Networks, Radio Systems and Wireless Communication
* Knowledge of IoT-specific technologies and protocols (e.g. CoAP, LWM2M, etc.)
* Notions on constrained-resources computing devices (i.e. Single Board Computers)
* Knowledge of IoT-specific platforms (e.g. FIWARE, Intel, etc.)
* Knowledge of networking and network management
* Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Ruby, Python, bash, PHP, etc.)
* Understanding of software design for distributed systems and SQL/non-relational databases Minimum Master's Degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent engineering discipline.
* Understanding of serving/consuming web service APIs
* Notions of hardware programmability for SBC, white boxes or FPGA boards
* Understanding of cloud systems (OpenStack or public clouds)
* Knowledge on Software Defined Networking (SDN) & Network Function Virtualisation (NFV)
* Knowledge on Linux Containers or similar technologies (e.g. LXC, Docker, etc.)
* Experience on open source code development and management tools (e.g. Git, Ansible, etc.)
This is an exciting opportunity so please do get in touch ASAP to find out more.
Randstad Technologies Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.