|Job Ref:||NP710||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newport||Address:||Post Code:||GL13||Salary:||£ 11.88 per hour||Post Date:||08/10/2016 00:19|
Do you love working with new technology? Are you looking for a position which utilises and develops your IT skills? We have an exciting opportunity to deliver a project within a Public Sector organisation based in Newport.|
You will be responsible for the implementation , management and delivery of a new ICT plan. Working alongside the IT Services Team and Business Improvement Team, you will play an active role in the deployment of new technology. You will work closely with management to provide local IT support to the relevant service area.
As the main project lead, you will be responsible for:
* Implementing the ongoing strategy for a move to automated IT systems in conjuction with Service Managers
* Liaising with service managers, staff and third party suppliers to ensure existing IT systems, products and services are being effectively utilised to meet current needs, including providing information on upgrades, known system errors etc
* In conjunction with the IT Services Procurement Team Leader, liaising with suppliers regarding the purchase, installation and maintenance of the service areas IT hardware and software
* Supporting service managers in monitoring expenditure from the service areas IT budget and provide monthly reports to Business Improvement Team
* In conjunction with the IT services manager, organising/providing training in the use of IT hardware/software and associated productsas requested by managers and staff
* Establishing and maintaining a close working liaison with department managers and also IT staff in other service areas while maintaining ICT projects for the organisation
* Implementing, managing and handing over the new ICT provision.
You will be able to demonstrate
* A broad knowledge of IT hardware and software applications, including knowledge of GIS
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Hold a recognised qualification in IT or a related field
* Previous experience of implementing a technological solution in Local Government or a similar sector, eg Health Care, Communities First.
If you are looking for a new challenge and think this could be the role for you, apply today!
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Why not listen to some of the inspiring stories from our candidates and their one piece of career advice. It's just a few of the thousands of people who have found success in their working lives with Randstad. Visit NA to find out what you could become.