Additional Role Information
We currently require a Carpenter to maintain prison buildings, fabric, associated plant and equipment including security items, in a safe manner
The Carpenter will act as a valuable member of the prison maintenance team and will be required to deliver a high level of service to ensure the upkeep of maintenance and repair of all staff and prisoner facilities in the estate.
- Carrying out routine Building Fabric Maintenance and minor repairs and improvements.
- Be proactive in reporting faults to equipment, buildings and fittings
- Ensure allocated, planned maintenance and small repairs are carried out, undertake service requests raised by the computer aided facilities management system
- Undertake survey inspections including in confined spaces and at height recording all work and completing associated registers/logs
- Act as a technical specialist advising on regulations, when required,
- Carry out project work including refurbishment of areas within the estate
The duties/responsibilities listed above describe the post as it is at present and is not intended to be exhaustive. The Job holder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary
In return candidates can expect to receive continuous training on the job as Carillion are committed to staff development and offers a range of training and development opportunities and there are opportunities to access promotion programmes and the Prison Service provide a variety of training appropriate to individual posts
- C&G or NVQ Level 3 Qualification
- Qualified and experienced in all aspects of Carpentry
- Maintenance Experience and experience in fixing and changing locks
- Must be able to display competency in the use and operation of all associated power tools, machinery and equipment
- Previous experience working in a similar working environment or Facilities Management role would be advantageous