|Job Ref:||CA_37509||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sellafield||Address:||Post Code:||CA20||Post Date:||27/10/2016 01:04|
Purpose of Role
Carillion Infrastructure is a key supplier to a number of major clients involved in design, construction and maintenance of a range infrastructure projects across the UK, including highways, rail, MOD.
Our teams are encouraged to adopt technological developments to drive innovation and our proactive approach puts us at the forefront of best practice development to the benefit of our employees, clients and the wider industry.
We enjoy industry leading health and safety performance and are on target to achieve our 2020 vision for Health & Safety to be the top priority at all times, for everybody who works for us, in all circumstances and in everything they do; driven by leadership, achieved by compliance and delivered through teamwork.
Carillion has been working with British Nuclear Group on the multi million pound Sellafield nuclear project upgrading sites security systems and technology for decommissioned materials.
Our aim is to the deliver high quality, value for money solutions to the most stringent safety and environmental standards and provide enhanced level of protection and security for nuclear materials.
As a Senior Health and Safety Advisor you will:
• operate as support to team leader
• work alongside operations team to deliver Carillion expectations
• lead on event investigation and close out
• monitor and report on H&S performance for the project
• advise on project health & safety and environmental issues as required
• support supply chain activities and the raising of H&S standards
• advise on compliance with applicable legislation and industry best practice
• assist in the investigation and reporting of accidents, incidents and non-conformances and make recommendations for corrective action
• liaise with statutory bodies as appropriate
• assist in the preparation of project H&S plans as required
• ensure effective implementation of policies and procedures
Additional Role Information
• Company vehicle & fuel card
• 26 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays with the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with a for a short while
• BUPA Healthcare Insurance (single cover with option to 'trade up' to cover your family)
• Pension Plan
• Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands