|Job Ref:||CA_37506||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sellafield||Address:||Post Date:||08/10/2016 01:02|
Purpose of Role
Carillion Infrastructure is a key supplier to a number of major clients involved in design, construction and maintenance of a range infrastructure projects across the UK, including highways, rail, MOD.
Our teams are encouraged to adopt technological developments to drive innovation and our proactive approach puts us at the forefront of best practice development to the benefit of our employees, clients and the wider industry.
We enjoy industry leading health and safety performance and are on target to achieve our 2020 vision for Health & Safety to be the top priority at all times, for everybody who works for us, in all circumstances and in everything they do; driven by leadership, achieved by compliance and delivered through teamwork.
Carillion has been working with British Nuclear Group on the multi million pound Sellafield nuclear project upgrading sites security systems and technology for decommissioned materials.
Our aim is to the deliver high quality, value for money solutions to the most stringent safety and environmental standards and provide enhanced level of protection and security for nuclear materials.
As a Senior Health and Safety Manager you will be responsible for:
• Leading a team supporting delivery of a significant work bank
• Managing a small team
• Liaising with client team
• Implementing business strategies that will improve Business Group / Unit quality, health and safety performance to ensure that the business is seen as a leader in the field
• Implementing quality, health & safety policies and objectives by raising awareness, monitoring performance and reporting key issues and statistical data to business senior management
• Advising management on compliance issues, health & safety matters and industry best practice
• Developing and implementing local and plc wide initiatives designed to improve compliance performance and bring about cultural change
• Facilitating external accreditation bodies
• Raising awareness in the business through the planning and delivery of training in line with the annual training plan
• Monitoring business performance by undertaking audits, monitoring inspection reports and other project generated information and producing reports for both senior and local management
• Undertaking accident and incident investigations to establish the cause and make recommendations to prevent recurrence
Additional Role Information
• Reward car/car allowance & fuel card
• 26 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays with the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with a for a short while
• Eligible for Company Bonus Scheme
• BUPA Healthcare Insurance – Family cover
• Carillion Pension Plan
• Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands