Additional Role Information
We currently require a Multiskilled Electrical Biased Engineer / Electrician to maintain prison buildings, fabric, associated plant and equipment including security items, in a safe manner
The Electrician will act as a valuable member of the prison maintenance team and will be required to deliver a high level of service to ensure the upkeep of maintenance and repair of all staff and prisoner facilities in the estate.
- Undertake electrical installations, inspection testing, commissioning and basic repairs to plant and equipment
- Carry out planned maintenance on all mechanical and electrical plant
- Respond, fix and report on all plant breakdowns within agreed timescales.
- Maintain and keep site logbooks up-to-date
- Maintain site stock.
- Role is client facing and key to ensure client is happy with site maintenance on day to day basis
The successful candidate would need to demonstrate a good working knowledge of the following:
- Emergency lighting
- Power distribution
- Heating & ventilation
- Fire Alarms
- Air handling units, fan coil units
- Motors including variable speed drives, direct online and star-delta starters
In return candidates can expect to receive continuous training on the job as Carillion are committed to staff development and offers a range of training and development opportunities and there are opportunities to access promotion programmes and the Prison Service provide a variety of training appropriate to individual posts
- City & Guilds Electrical installation Level 2 or recognised equivalent
- 17th edition Regs
- Must be able to display competency in the use and operation of all associated power tools, machinery and equipment
- Previous experience working in a similar working environment or Facilities Management role would be advantageous