|Job Ref:||CA_37503||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sandbach||Address:||Post Code:||CW11||Post Date:||08/10/2016 01:03|
Purpose of Role
Carillion Infrastructure is a key supplier to a number of major clients involved in design, construction and maintenance of a range infrastructure projects across the UK, including highways, rail, MOD.
Our teams are encouraged to adopt technological developments to drive innovation and our proactive approach puts us at the forefront of best practice development to the benefit of our employees, clients and the wider industry.
We enjoy industry leading health and safety performance and are on target to achieve our 2020 vision for Health & Safety to be the top priority at all times, for everybody who works for us, in all circumstances and in everything they do; driven by leadership, achieved by compliance and delivered through teamwork.
Carillion is currently delivering one of Highways England's largest Smart Motorway Programme (SMP) contracts worth up to £475m.
This latest package involves the transformation of one of the sections of motorway in England into smart motorways, namely the M6 between Junctions 16 and 19 worth £129.5 million.
Smart motorways use a range of innovative technologies and operating procedures, to monitor and control traffic flow actively. This includes variable mandatory speed limits and converting the hard shoulder to an extra traffic lane to reduce congestion and improve journey times and safety.
As Health and Safety Manager you will be responsible for:
• Providing sustainability and ecology support to a significant highways infrastructure project
• Supporting the Head of Health Safety & Sustainability in delivering Carillion's expectations across the Strategic Highways business
• Working with a major national client to develop and share best practice.
• Ensuring effective implementation of the Health ans Safety system and policies pertaining to the projects for which they are responsible
• Advising project management on the state of health & safety and environmental issues within the business and of any concerns identified locally and promoting good practice relating to health & safety management
• Agreeing with the Project Manager an action list - identifying key stages in the procurement and construction process that will require the Safety Advisor’s input/attendance
• Assisting in the investigation and reporting of accidents, incidents and non-conformances and making recommendations for corrective action
• Encouraging and monitoring the setting and development of project based objectives and targets.
• Assisting in the review and agreement process of method statements where there is a significant risk to safety and environmental
Additional Role Information
• Company vehicle & fuel card
• 26 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays with the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with a for a short while
• BUPA Healthcare Insurance (single cover with option to 'trade up' to cover your family)
• Pension Plan
• Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands