Additional Role Information
We currently require a Gas Combustion / Boiler Engineer to maintain prison buildings, fabric, associated plant and equipment including security items, in a safe manner
This is a position maintaining all Steam and Mechanical works within the site to a high standard. You will be part of a lively, successful maintenance team that will be carrying out PPM's and attending reactive maintenance tasks / Breakdowns to ensure the site is always running smoothly.
- Undertake inspection testing, commissioning and basic repairs to plant and equipment
- Daily inspection various pieces of Pressure, Steam and Boiler Equipment throughout the whole of the site.
- Carry out planned maintenance
- Respond, fix and report on all plant breakdowns within agreed timescales.
- Maintain and keep site logbooks up-to-date
- Maintain site stock.
- Role is client facing and key to ensure client is happy with site maintenance on day to day basis
- Able to work unsupervised and make decisions on the condition and future use equipment.
In return candidates can expect to receive continuous training on the job as Carillion are committed to staff development and offers a range of training and development opportunities and there are opportunities to access promotion programmes and the Prison Service provide a variety of training appropriate to individual posts
- Must have hands on experience of maintaining, servicing and repairing various pieces of pressure, steam and boiler equipment. Inspection experience would be advantageous
- Must be able to display competency in the use and operation of all associated power tools, machinery and equipment
- Previous experience working in a similar working environment or Facilities Management role would be advantageous