Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2807196||Employer:||Hays Plc||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Addlestone||Address:||Post Code:||KT15||Salary:||£40,000 - £50,000||Post Date:||08/10/2016 01:46|
• To take overall responsibility for the quality and the day to day delivery of the containment engineering services within the Weybridge estate.
• Drive operational excellence across the engineering team and portfolio through leadership and motivation, understanding your team as individuals.
• Act as point of contact in terms of subject matter expertise in all technical aspects and Hard FM services arenas for critical and building environments, SAPO 3 & 4 Labs.
• Manage critical engineering facilities with no loss and impact to customer facing services within an office and laboratory environment.
• Able to react in an ever changing business environment. Liaising with the team and key stakeholders, this individual shall be confident and articulate and can interface at all levels, both internally and externally of the business.
• Act as deputy to the Operations Manager when he/she is not on site
• Provide proactive leadership & management support to the engineering team and FM Management Team, to ensure full statutory and operational compliance is achieved in line with contract KPI's and relevant SAPO4 and ACDP3 obligations.
• Manage a portfolio of buildings comprising of critical environments and laboratories reporting to the Senior Supervisor (containment) with a function line into the General Manager.
• Act as point of contact in terms of subject matter expertise in all technical aspects for your team and portfolio
• Manage a supplier sponsor and conduct quarterly review meetings to drive performance and cost efficiencies across the defined services in conjunction with line manager
• Performance manage all specialist M&E contractors delivering a service to your portfolio and provide regular feedback the local management team.
• Ensure that all engineering operatives are trained to the required standard and in the core competencies to undertake their duties.
• In conjunction with the Working Supervisor review and update the annual PPM planners to drive operational efficiencies across the portfolio.
• Manage all PPM and reactive building operation works utilising Maximo.
• Manage all sub-contractors maintenance activities across the estate with no loss to client's services.
• Manage all technical services to contract KPI's and performance measures.
• Oversee critical systems management and maintenance, including HV / LV Power supplies, Cooling systems, Fire Alarms, BMS, Standby Power Systems and LV Switch Gear which supports the critical environment and Lab space.
• Prepare a monthly report on all risks, opportunities, exceptions and reportable incidents for building operations.
• Prepare, document and maintain emergency procedures for all perceived events within the estate ensuring regular testing is undertaken.
• Play a pivotal role in the disaster recovery and business continuity plans. Ensuring processes and procedures are suitable for all occurrences and undertake formal and regular testing of such scenarios.
• Deliver and support diverse projects on time, on budget and to total client satisfaction.
• Manage client expectations in line with operational service delivery.
• Be part of the on call out of hours management process
• Any other duties required as part of the role as and when requested.
• Be able to work out of hours and the weekends as required to support emergency events as the business requires
Knowledge skills & experience
• Excellent analytical skills to operational issues
• Good knowledge / experience of Microsoft office packages
• Have an understanding of health and safety
• Commercial awareness
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Planning and Organisational skills
• Strong customer focus skills and attitude
• Flexible and willing approach to work
• Good communicator - both Written and Orally
• Enthusiastic and Hardworking
• Good time management
• Working to tight deadlines
• An appropriate level of experience in a FM building services management role/s
• Diploma certificate or equivalent technical qualifications
• Previous supervisory experience
• BIFM/CIBSE qualified (preferred)
• Knowledge of BMS, PCS systems and their implementation as well as testing of their equipment.
• Thorough understanding of M&E and, in particular HVAC systems
• Good leadership skills
• Experience of Maximo preferred
• Able to work well as part of a team.
• Strong and effective communication skills.
• Holder of a full and valid driving licence
• IT literate in MS Office
• Sets and maintains very high standards of delivery - attention to detail essential
• Effectively manages staff performance, provides regular and constructive feedback
• Enables others to excel
• Driven to complete tasks above expectations
• Diligent, professional and intuitive
• High degree of self-motivation and dedication to achieving excellence
• Able to interpret contract detail and implement requirements
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills