|Job Ref:||202193963||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:07|
We are currently looking for a Snr LabVIEW Systems Engineer to join our dynamic and expanding team. As a Snr Systems Engineer, you'll be part of a team that is responsible for developing both hardware and software applications based on Object Oriented Technology and Event based Architectures primarily in the LabVIEW Programming Language and on the National Instruments Hardware Platforms.|
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, interacting directly with customers to program, train, inform, advise and consult in the design of their applications using the best test and measurement hardware and software by:
Programming memory and speed efficient applications using LabVIEW and Object Oriented Programming and Event-based architectures.
Developing intuitive GUIs.
Selecting the correct measurement hardware for a given application based on a customer's specification.
Providing timely, accurate and effective solutions to technical problems.
Providing guidance on the installation and working functionality of both software and hardware, including explanation of configuration settings.
Reproducing and troubleshooting problems and incompatibilities in both software and hardware.
Delivering professional and high quality, customer education courses.
Delivering technical presentations and demonstrations to customers, colleagues and partners.
Remaining aware of all competitive products and how they compare technically with Austin Consultants' core products.
Working with the business development team to develop proof of concepts for customers.
Must be available and happy to travel and work on customer sites around the UK
Qualifications & Requirements:
All below are desired but not each one is essential, if you have a combination of a few items below and are the right character it is definitely worth sending you CV as full training will be provided;
- Minimum of 4 continuous year's practical experience in, instrumentation & control, industrial automation and ATE is required.
- Firm knowledge and experience of National Instruments embedded systems, including LabVIEW FPGA and LabVIEW Real Time.
- Minimum of LabVIEW qualification of Certified LabVIEW Developer, ideally Certified LabVIEW Architect ( working at an equivalent level and prepared to undertake the certifications would be considered)
- Minimum 2.1 honours degree in engineering or science related field, such as Electrical/electronic engineering, physics, mechatronics or computer science.
- Certified TestStand Developer qualification desired but not essential.
- Understanding and practical experience of object oriented principles.
Experience with all National Instruments hardware platforms, including DAQmx, cRIO, PXI, SCXI and cFP.
- Practical electrical debug experience.
- Experience in a second language of JAVA, C and C++ is preferred but not essential.
- Strong problem solving skills to analyse the problem and think creatively to provide a solution.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills are key.
- Objective and Results focused,
- Positive "can do " attitude"
- Ability to deal effectively with customers to make them successful is essential.
- Ability to get along with others and function as a team player as well as work effectively alone.
-Must be able to handle multiple tasks
Flexibility to travel throughout the UK and stay away when required is essential element in delivering client projects.
Legal right to live and work in the UK. Sponsorship is not available.
Must hold a full clean and valid UK driving license