|Job Ref:||204755929||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Herefordshire||City:||Credenhill||Address:||Post Code:||HR4||Salary:||£34000 - £38000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:56|
Demob Job Reference: j2686|
Job Title: Project Manager
Salary: £34,000 to £38,000
My client is one of the UK's leading support services companies. They look after our armed forces by delivering essential infrastructure including, housing, management services, facilities management, planned and responsive activities, small works projects, professional services, estate management and grounds maintenance services. They now require a Project Manager to be based at Hereford. You will be responsible for carrying out the project management of Additional Services from conception to completion in accordance with the company's recognised standards of productivity, quality, commercial parameters and compliance with essential Health and Safety provisions.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. British Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force (RAF) and a proven track record within a property/maintenance environment on a MoD estate.
- Control and manage all activities on Additional Services Projects and ensuring that contractors carry out the works to fulfill their obligations within agreed timescales and in accordance with all statutory and MoD mandatory requirements and all other legislation and standards.
- Confer with local DIO representatives and the relevant Site Manager to agree scope & priorities of Additional Works on a regular basis.
- Prepare technical specifications, schedules of work, contract documentation etc.
- Monitor and manage the effective delivery of all allocated projects.
- Prepare and regularly update project programmes, providing written reports and documentation.
- Produce and maintain Project Management Plans.
- Monitor Direct Service Providers and supply chain performance, service delivery, quality and safe working on site.
- Perform audits on completed and in progress works.
- Personally carry out periodic site Health and Safety audits.
- Ensure all projects within Area are inspected on a frequent basis to check health, safety and performance requirements.
- Liaise closely with site team whilst planning projects to ensure site knowledge and ongoing maintenance requirements are fully incorporated in the planning process.
- Invite quotations and prices from the approved supply chain; review and evaluate returned prices, liaising with contractors as necessary to ensure that prices are fully compliant with KPIs and within the project costs accepted by the client.
- Recognised qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering discipline.
- CDM awareness.
- Leading an operational team to achieve KPIs.
- IOSH Managing Safety or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience of pre-construction project management including the commercial pricing and submission of tender costs.
- Experience of managing projects to a high level of quality, commercial compliance and financial return.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Experience of supervising site operatives including, planning, directing and controlling activities.
- £34,000 to £38,000 salary.
- Company pension scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Challenging and varied working environment.
- Opportunity to join a large and well established business