|Job Ref:||204756129||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Post Code:||PE1||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:56|
Test and Validation Engineer - Diesel Engines - Peterborough|
Our client, a major manufacturer based in Peterborough with a globally recognised brand, has made available a 12 month contract opportunity for a Test Validation Engineer to join their team in their Global Engine Department. A competitive hourly rate is on offer and will be discussed on application.
They're looking for a Validation engineer with specific experience in either Engine Endurance Valuation Test or Performance and Emission Test. You will be working on Diesel Engine Fundamentals, so the right candidate will have considerable experience in this field.
You will be looking after their onsite client, so they're looking for an Engineer with excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate technical information.
As Test Validation Engineer may work in any number of functional areas requiring an engineering degree, including, but not limited to, product design, development, research, metallurgy, quality, reliability, materials, manufacturing process, application and installation, product performance/support, service, and facilities.
Key Responsibilities of the Test Validation Engineer
* Perform needs analysis and initiate ideas
* Evaluate new products, processes, or systems
* Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units; contribute to the design of new products and processes
* Perform product and process maintenance; collaborate with and support other engineers, managers, marketing personnel, customers and suppliers, maintain technical currency, and represent the company externally.
* May have multiple assignments during their tenure as Test Validation Engineer, assignments may require the Test Validation Engineer to review the work of technicians or other support personnel, provide technical advice to individuals at various levels in the organization and work with another unit or team.
* Assignments will become more complex and require the Test Validation Engineer to assume a significant role, either as an individual contributor or as part of a project team, with increasing emphasis on analysing, identifying, and applying engineering techniques to solve problems and make recommendations.
Qualifications and Experience required for the Test Validation Engineer
* Bachelor degree in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum plus 3-5 years experience or a master's degree in an Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum plus 1 to 2 years experience or a doctorate degree in engineering.
* Requires excellent analytical skills. Incumbents have exhibited ability to work on increasingly more complex assignments, either through on-the-job assignments or through pursuit of the advanced degree.
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately