|Job Ref:||204756170||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Plymouth||Address:||Post Code:||PL3||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:56|
Our Devonport based client is currently recruiting for a Senior Principle Design Engineer (Electrical) on a min 2 years NA Holders principle tasks and responsibilities are:|
* Managing design work in appropriate engineering disciplines.
* Executing duties in accordance with Company procedures for training, health and safety, personnel, quality and project requirements.
* Reviewing existing Company procedures and Project controls and identify new controls to provide improved quality assurance, and improved cost against deliverables.
* Acting as Design Authority for engineering aspects of client products.
* Authorising design documentation as required.
* Chairmanship of Design Reviews (of appropriate Categorisation) to identify best technical solution to fulfil Project objectives.
* Representing Group and/or Department as required.
* Managing design projects in accordance with Company Procedures.
* Managing work to time, cost and quality.
* Providing professional engineering support to surface ship, submarine, commercial and equipment projects.
* Performance and management of system requirements, concept design and modelling.
* Ability to manage a team to interpret a design requirement and create a design solution.
* Acting as Independent Technical Assessor and performing Inter Department Checks, Concession Analysis, and the like.
* Preparation of Project and Department Plans and Tracking and Forecasting, Assistance in Preparation of Bids in related subjects,
* Recruitment and Management of staff at all appropriate levels.
* To behave at all times in a manner commensurate with that of a professional engineer.
* Manage staff as required in accordance with company and HR policies and procedures. Bidding:
* Managing design teams involved in the preparation of technical aspects commercial tenders.
* Managing preparation of Technical Reviews in support of tender responses requiring design input.
* Acting as Design Manager responsible to Project Manager for Projects.
* Management of technical aspects of selecting sub-contractors and/or suppliers.
* Management of technical aspects of work carried out by sub-contractors and/or suppliers.
* Liaising with Project to resolve Project issues.
* Liaising with Production to resolve manufacturing problems.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
Experience: Demonstrable evidence of having worked in the field of the appropriate Discipline design, analysis and technical management at an appropriate level