|Job Ref:||204756351||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||uxbridge||Address:||Post Code:||UB10||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum 9% pension + Healthcare||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:56|
Quality Control Engineer|
• Salary up to £40k
• Half day finish on a Friday
• 9% non contrib pension
We are currently looking for a Quality Control Engineer to work for our global Aerospace client based in Middlesex.
The position provides quality support to area specific manufacturing operations and will co-ordinate remedial and improvement actions arising from non-conforming occurrences within area of responsibility
• Processing of quality notifications on emerging defect: co-ordinate activities to contain product and ensure rapid disposition of Product
• Assist local team leaders and co-ordinate teams with CAR Response - Drive best practice of RCA and validate actions implemented as effective
• Audit of Release documentation where particular risks
• Maintain local issues log / performance metrics related to product defects
• Raise internal Quality Alerts - Confirm understanding and acknowledgement from local staff
• Preparation of Quality Work Instructions and Security Check documents to improve product inspection systems
• Assist in validation/audit of new inspection and production equipment considering documentation and staff training aspects.
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE (ESSENTIAL)
• Familiar and practiced use of root cause analysis tools and techniques.
• Practical understanding of common manufacturing quality control methods.
• Able to analyse current practices and plan longer term improvements
• Able to ensure the completion and validation of corrective and preventative actions.
• Attention to detail in preparation and publication of work for product or process incidents
• Able to communicate in a constructive manner with personnel at various levels within the organisation and with customer and supplier representatives
• Can work under pressure to balance competing job priorities to agreed deadlines
• Computer literate in standard word processing and spreadsheet packages
• Able to grasp technical issues quickly and lead and assist in problem solving activities
• Thorough questioning style
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
• Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Advanced Vocational Qualification ie HND in Mechanical Engineering
**You must have unrestricted eligibility to live and work in the UK**
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application. Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position