|Job Ref:||204756429||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Senior Highway Engineer||Address:||Salary:||£27.00 - £31.50/hour||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:56|
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Highways Engineer with a wide range of experience to join an existing Civil Engineering team, for a role based in London. This will be a 6 month assignment and will be paying excellent rates.|
You will be leading and taking responsibility for projects, ensuring that they are delivered to the highest technical standards and quality targets.
Our portfolio comprises the M25 and its key arterial links serving central London, with a growing portfolio of schemes for Transport for London considering strategic junctions and key infrastructure. You will be reporting to the Group Technical Manager and will be expected to advise Clients and other colleagues with regards to the optimum technical solutions.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
* Expertise and experience in all aspects of highway alignment design including links and all types of junctions
* A thorough comprehension of the technical standards relating to highways design.
* Knowledge of the component parts of a project with a track record of successfully delivering robust projects
* Expertise in standard detailing for the elements of a highway engineering project including, but not limited to those in the HCD
The day to day responsibilities will include:
* Providing technical assistance on highway infrastructure projects from an up to date knowledge of highway engineering.
* Working with the Project Managers on technical aspects of designs from project initiation to completion
* Taking responsibility for the technical development of staff
* Liaising with Clients and delighting them with our service delivery
* Solving engineering problems
* Developing works cost estimates.
* Using highways design, drainage and other software packages to deliver technically robust designs.
Qualifications for the role:
* Incorporated or Chartered Engineer (or proven ability to work at the level expected of an experienced Incorporated Engineer)
* Foundation Degree or HND in Civil Engineering
* BEng or MEng would be an advantage
Keywords: Senior Highway Engineer, Roads, Highways, Motorways, Civil, Design