|Job Ref:||204753928||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Letchworth Garden City||Address:||Post Code:||SG6||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:56|
As a two times winner of the Queens's Award for Enterprise we are certainly a company at the forefront of innovation in the competitive world of engineering. We Design and Manufacture engineering solutions supplied to the food and pharmaceutical industries and with consistent year on year growth we have established ourselves as a high value and high quality machine manufacturer. |
With the growth of our order book has come the growth of our engineering team and we are therefore actively recruiting a Mechanical Design Engineer to be based in our Hertfordshire site. You will be consulting with Engineering Management, fellow Designers, Production, Sales, and Marketing to establish design concepts and manage these through to production.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the industries most talented in which new concept ideas are consistently flowing. You will be mentored by a leader in their field who has many years industry experience at the forefront of machinery design.
As the Mechanical Design Engineer you will be involved with the:
- Design of conveyor systems and product handling mechanisms tailored to individual clients specific needs.
- Produce 3D designs, detail drawings and documentation using Autodesk Inventor.
- Design systems based on customer requirements, design for manufacture, design for service and value engineering.
- To undertake mechanical design calculations when required.
The Mechanical Design Engineer sought will have the following:
- 18 months+ experience in the design of some form of materials handling/ conveyor based systems
- Experience in design for manufacture and manufacturing processes
- Experience of 3D CAD design including production of working designs
- Understanding of relevant UK, European and International standards
- Strong creative & troubleshooting skills, self-motivated, passion for design engineering and ability to communicate with both customers and internal teams.
Opportunities for Mechanical Design Engineer's arise all of the time, opportunities within this company don't and therefore if you are interested you should apply now.
Orion Electrotech Ltd acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency and complies with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations Act 2003