|Job Ref:||204754139||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hatfield||Address:||Post Code:||DN7||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:57|
Product Safety Engineer- Automation / Manufacturing
I am currently looking to recruit a Product Safety Engineer to join my client based in Hertfordshire.
The Product Safety Engineer is responsible for ensuring automated machines, products and systems meet safety regulatory requirements appropriate to the country of use.
• Ensuring products and systems meet appropriate regulatory and standards compliance.
• Providing safety engineering guidance and support to research and development teams to ensure compliance of products before market release.
• Conducting product safety evaluations and act as product safety contact for regulatory compliance information
• Reviewing existing and emerging legislation for potential impacts and proposing compliance plans.
• Providing and maintaining product safety data including FMEA, hazard and risk logs to demonstrate continued compliance.
• Manage the compilation of technical files for global certification and regulatory compliance
• Review & approve safety related information prepared for manufacturing, end-users and service personnel (e.g. final product testing, user guides, procedures, etc.).
• Assist in the compliance planning & use of external testing services
• Review and prepare, as necessary, compliance reports to regulatory agencies and management.
• Interface and participate in site inspections from certification agencies
• Participate, as needed, in the analysis & resolution of potential field related safety issues.
• Authorise declarations of safety compliance
• Support the development and implementation of the safety management system to cover products, systems and services
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
We are looking for someone with:
• A good engineering, physics or science degree.
• A NPD background possibly electrical design.
• Functional Safety background.
• Must be technically proficient in all areas of Mechanical and Electrical Automated machinery safety.
• Proven knowledge in functional Safety (e.g. TUV Functional Safety Certified Eng.) and able to run SIL/Task Based/Design based risk assessments.
• Experience interfacing with external regulatory bodies.
• Safety Auditing experience.
• Experience in applying current European product safety regulations pertaining to highly automated warehouses, automated machines, robotics and embedded systems of a highly bespoke nature.
• Experience in achieving regulatory compliance of a product or a system outside of the UK would be highly desirable.
• Experience using functional safety verification tools and creation of functional safety reports including completion of the associated safety related risk assessment.
• Electrical safety experience including the ability to support electrical design engineers in the design of appropriate safety systems architecture and safety circuits, interlocks & estops circuits.
• Mechanical safety experience including the ability to support mechanical design engineers in the design of safe systems and guarding.
• Capable of creating software requirements for safety related software and test and validation plans.
• Experience in the completion of EHSRs and provision of body of evidence of compliance.
Willing to travel both in the UK and abroad to attend meetings and conferences.
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please submit your CV.
We will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful