|Job Ref:||204754613||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Gatwick||Address:||Post Code:||RH6||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:57|
A Leading Subcontractors, with their Head office in London and projects across the Country, are looking for a Mechanical Project Manager/Engineer, to work a long term, open ended contract.|
Working on a large scale infrastructure development will provide a chance for the Mechanical Project Manager/Engineer to gain valuable experience on an Airport project.
The candidate would be looking at a 3 year framework, in either a contract or permanent position and would be required to show their ability in working with design and commercial elements of the project.
Previous experience on Gatwick or Heathrow is desirable and a HNC/HND background would be advantageous for the Mechanical Project Manager/Engineer.
Previous experience working with principle contractors or directly for the client as well as holding a valid SMSTS certificate is required of the Mechanical Project Manager/Engineer.
With the project in its early stages, the leading subcontractors are looking for the ideal candidate to come on board as soon as possible and to have their own mode of transport to and from Gatwick Airport.
* Liaison with client/upper management to ensure project is delivered on time and in budget
* Management of subcontractor labour and overseeing allocated M&E packages
* Liaison with Site Manager/Supervisors to ensure that project is being delivered as effectively as possible both operationally and commercially
* Attend client meetings
* Representing the business in a professional manner to the client and key stakeholders alike
* Quality Assurance and Management
* Enforce and comply with company health and safety regulations
* General paperwork management; RFIs, Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Site diaries, Project programmes, Snagging Lists, O&M Documentation, General correspondence between the client, Contractors and design consultancies
* Compiling proposals for off-site manufacture
* Design reviews, onsite installation and general problem solving related to unforeseen issues related to the installation of services
* Management of the testing and commissioning of services
* Preparing the site for completion and client handover
* Liaising with teams to conclude the final accounts
* Strong Technical Awareness
* Ability to work to a tight programme
* Strong leadership: you will be in charge of keeping a large work force motivated to deliver the project to the highest standard
* Longevity and stability within previous positions
* Approximately 10 years' engineering/PM experience
* Gatwick airport experience is preferred and highly desirable
* Heathrow experience also of interest
* Comfortable working on design and commercial aspects of projects
* Previous experience or comfortable with working as a principle contractor, working directly for the client
* Based locally or with reasonable commute to Gatwick
* Well rounded character and personality
* HND / HNC
For more information please get in contact: (Apply online only)