|Job Ref:||204754681||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Devon||City:||Bideford||Address:||Post Code:||EX39||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:57|
TQR are working closely with our client, a manufacturing company, to recruit an experienced CNC Turner or Setter to join their growing team on a permanent basis. A supplier of composite and polymer products to the aerospace, defence, medical, automotive, transport and industrial markets across the globe our client are looking for a candidate with experience and setting running all CNC & manual machines or as turner. You will ideally have completed a relevant apprenticeship and have experience with CNC Lathes and Fanuc controls and be confident in programming skills. If you have the right skills and experience, then we would like to hear from you!|
About the job...
The CNC Setter / Turner will be reporting to the Cage & Machining Supervisor and will work as part of the Setting team and to handover work in an appropriate manner to colleagues at shift change. Shifts cover 24/7 on a 4 day on - 4 day off Rota covering days and nights but we will also consider candidates with the right experience who are looking for day shifts only.
Role and Responsibility
• Setting and running all CNC & manual machines in section.
• Ensuring ALL tooling /programs are available for start of production.
• Programming of the full range of products.
• Tool grinding as required.
• Performing tasks as directed in accordance with Quality System Procedures and manufacturing instructions
• Inspection during processing in accordance with instructions and workmanship standards
• Good time-keeping and attendance, using the correct procedure. Keeping the Company informed if unable to attend work.
• Follow work instructions and guidance from Cage Supervisor / Machining Technician.
• Endeavour to produce quantity and quality of product required.
• Self-inspect all work produced to ensure compliance with quality standards and keep scrap to a minimum.
• Follow all safety instructions and use personal protective equipment where indicated
The right person...
• Good general education, preferably to GCSE A/C levels in English and Maths.
• Ideally time served apprenticeship.
• Fanuc control programming experience
• Experience of using CNC Lathes with Fanuc control
• Be able to programme live tooling an advantage
• CNC lathe experience.
• Lean Manufacturing knowledge would be an advantage.
• Willingness to learn and follow instructions.
• Being able to work as part of a team and demonstrate a genuine 'Can do' attitude.
In return we offer...
• The rate of pay will depend on experience please apply with your current salary
• The role is full time and permanent and can either be on 24/7 so 4 on 4 off Days and Nights (6 - 6). Or we will also consider candidate looking for just day shifts.
• 33 days holiday, death in service benefit after 12 months, childcare vouchers
CVs in confidence to Claire please click APPLY NOW or for a confidential discussion call. Our aim is to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome all applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, sex or sexual orientation, disability, age, religion or belief. TQR will consider all applications solely on merit