|Job Ref:||204755169||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Salary:||£NEG negotiable||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:57|
Responsibilities of the role include:|
* Production of complex 3D Models and 2D drawings.
* Production of Isometric drawings, details and parts lists.
* Coordinate with and consult other team members/disciplines to design, layout and detail equipment for projects
* Mentor less experienced members of the department - eg apprentice development
* Review supplier/sub-Contractor drawings submitted (in their native form) on Projects and convert and insert into the MWH 3D Model and 2D drawings.
* Carry out site surveys.
* Carry out clash detections on equipment/building steelwork and pipework, resolving any clash issues highlighted.
* Work closely with all engineering disciplines to ensure that the drawings convey the correct information and are error free.
* Ensure productivity, meet deadlines, keep track of files, and implement standards
* Work with Mechanical Estimators to set man-hours for CAD resources on Tenders and Projects.
* Ensure your own continuous professional development by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups, to stay current on industry changes and innovations.
* Maintain a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback.
* In all internal and external contact, present a professional and positive image of the department as well as maintaining mutually constructive, positive and beneficial relationships.
* Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality.
* Several years experience with CAD ideally within the water industry
* High level of competence in the generation of equipment layouts, pipework routing and detailed component draughting.
* Detailed working knowledge of CAD software programs including: Bentley, Microstation, Openplant Modeller, 2D and 3D AutoCAD.
* Proficient in the use of Projectwise
* Minimum HNC Mechanical Engineering with appropriate experience
* Willing to take the initiative to resolve a problem
* Mechanical engineering degree
* Willingness to develop own career