|Job Ref:||204755327||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Brighouse||Address:||Post Code:||HD6||Salary:||£18000 - £20000/annum + Benefits||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:57|
My client currently has an opening for a GRADUATE ELECTRICAL ENGINEER looking to start their career in a constantly developing industry, by applying their technical knowledge to new product design and also be willing to learn other new skills such as thermal / fluid mechanics and refrigeration engineering.|
The role is expected to be primarily office based from Brighouse, West Yorkshire, working within a small team with some off-site work, such as visiting customers, suppliers and completing technical services work when required.
The right candidate will be given the exciting opportunity to use their technical knowledge to expand the company's current range of products as well as improving the current range with of the guidance of the companies experienced engineers.
* Co-ordination of priorities to meet the needs of production schedules, technical services, new projects and the needs for value engineering.
* Assist in the specification of new products, including liaison with customer's sales / marketing and complete feasibility studies for management review.
* Efficiently complete the electrical design of new or modify existing products to the Company's drafting standards and procedures, manually or using the CAD system, complying with the product specification in terms of function, cost and ease of manufacture.
* Project plan and identify resources for projects with the use of Ghant charts etc to ensure projects are completed with in company deadlines.
* Prepare sketches, layouts and preliminary costs of prototypes.
* Complete testing in line with engineering requirements and in accordance with the Development Engineering procedures.
* Liase with all internal and external parties such as purchasing, technical services, manufacturing, suppliers and other engineers to ensure actions are completed to the project plan.
* Initiate and assist in the building and wiring of prototypes and first offs.
* Creation and modification of Bills of Materials.
* Support the needs of manufacturing and technical services when appropriate.
* Produce Line process documents.
* Maintain good working practices regarding safety and housekeeping.
* Assess new methods of design or components.
* Generate and implement cost reduction ideas.
* Provide product support to other departments.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
* Degree or HND in Electrical Engineering.
* Must be an effective verbal and written communicator.
* UK full driving license.
* F-gas, Essential Electrics and CSCS card would be advantageous but not essential