|Job Ref:||204755493||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Glamorgan||City:||Port Talbot||Address:||Post Code:||SA12||Salary:||£20000 - £30000/annum DOE||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:57|
On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Buyer to work for one of our major clients based in Port Talbot. This position will be a permanent position working full time hours Monday to Friday. The salary will be in the range of £20k-£30k dependent on experience.|
PURPOSE OF JOB
To provide a professional and comprehensive procurement service in-line with procurement policies for all one-off special purchasing activities. To be main point of contact for site/plant colleagues on specials procurement, together with capital and major maintenance to ensure value for money is obtained and all spend is compliant with the company's policies. Buying teams role is to liaise with both supplies, sourcing teams and external vendors to ensure we deliver the departments operational efficiency initiatives and cost saving targets, whilst managing the commercial aspect and providing value in use/cost effectiveness.
Health and Safety
• Prepare duties in a way that ensures the health and wellbeing of self, colleagues, contractors and any other persons who may be affected by those activities.
• To ensure correct PPE worn at all times whilst on plant.
• Establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships End-User colleagues, sourcing teams and vendors to ensure effective procurement. Also to encompass with a capital buyer M/M and capital project work.
• Obtain End-User requirements to allow the procurement of best value, in use/cost effective solutions for services, goods & any appropriate Capital expenditure.
• Manage the tendering process for specials, major maintenance and capital projects (< £500,000) in accordance with established procedures, legislation and company standards.
• Obtain and negotiate the quotation process from approved suppliers to achieve value in use whilst considering quality and delivery implications.
• Initiate the formal process for qualifying new vendors whilst stemming the flow of an ever expanding supplier database.
• Ensure all approved suppliers of services are site approved to ensure company compliance on health and safety.
• Analyse contract compliance and coverage, and conduct relevant education programs to ensure goals set are achieved and gaps closed.
• Identify and recommend contract consolidation opportunities in conjunction with sourcing teams to improve the companies leverage.
• Support a challenging environment where buyers lead negotiations with aim to reduce costs on specials purchases whilst maintaining service levels.
• Monitor and be responsible for supplier interface and response times on SIR and validate claims with originator and supplier to the company's advantage.
• Action workflows to enable vendor payments.
• Police the none compliant aspect of purchase requisitions and improve to the company's procurement policy standards through plant education programs.
• Management of specials vendor relationships using industry accepted VRM principles.
• Management of purchasing cards within the business.
• Maintain own level of knowledge and education to provide and effective service to End- Users, and to identify trends and best practice within the industry and professional purchasing community.
VISION & CONTEXT
The buying team is responsible for ensuring high standards of service delivery at local plant level for one off spend items. In addition, the team provides the vital local information to category teams/sector teams and support the delivery of group/UK/Regional Local-Wide initiatives and goals.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• Previous Purchasing experience, or Commercial
• Excellent interpersonal skills, negotiation, influencing and facilitation skills, priority setting, problem solving and conflict management.
• Proven ability to manage and prioritise a large workload in line with required timescales.
• Ability to manage and balance commercial priorities with plant requirements.
• Authority to procure within the constraints laid down by Corus under 'Authority to Commit' document.
• Experience of networking both within the company and outside of.
• Ability to generate and analyse statistical and textual information to aid solution thinking.
• Strong IT and SAP experience.
• Proactive team player with flexible approach to work.
• Requirement to work towards CIP qualifications