|Job Ref:||204755578||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Holywell||Address:||Post Code:||DT2||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:57|
Position: Site Controls Engineer (Electrical & Software Engineering Bias)|
Salary: Circa £40-50k DOE + 15% Bonus + Pension
Hours of Work: Site position working days (Mon-Fri)
As a key member of the Controls team, the Controls Engineer will deliver robust and compliant electrical and software process improvements and support or lead site continuous improvements. The controls engineer will also be the site technical expert providing leadership and direction in breakdown situations when required.
The Site Controls Engineer will be based at our manufacturing facility in Holywell, North Wales.
* Support, initiate, deploy and sign off process improvement and efficiency improvement modifications to manufacturing systems at the Holywell manufacturing site
* Support the Holywell site engineering and operations team with any major breakdowns or faults at short notice
* Support or Lead Site controls engineering projects
Main responsibilities of the role
* To carry out specific engineering tasks delegated by the Divisional Automation Manager or Site Engineering Manager as appropriate
* Ensure all engineering work is in line with company engineering and safety standards
* Be proactive and recommend business value added improvement initiatives
* To work closely with Production, Quality, Safety and other Controls team members to ensure that plant priorities are met and operation utilisation and availability targets are achieved.
* Attend operations meetings on behalf of the Controls department and take a pro-active approach from an engineering perspective
* Willingness to attend training to develop relevant self-knowledge and technical skills
* To support the local sites manufacturing process by being proactive on the correction and modification of reoccurring machine processing faults
* Provide software/electrical engineering discipline input into project/design teams executing specific projects on site
Skills and experience required
* Significant and demonstrated experience in electrical and software engineering, degree/HND qualified or equivalent with at least 5 years experience in a similar industrial environment.
* Working knowledge of PLCs with certified training or demonstrated experience - ideally Siemens S7 300/400 with extensive programming and diagnosis experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Working knowledge of motion control systems deployed in a manufacturing environment with certified training or demonstrated experience - Ideally Siemens Simotion/Sinamics drives or similar motion systems
* Working knowledge of SCADA and Line reporting systems with certified training or demonstrated experience - ideally Rockwell FactoryTalk and/or Siemens WINCC suites
* Experience installing, fault finding on and configuring automation networks such as Industrial Ethernet, Profibus, Profinet etc.
* Experience fault finding of electrical control systems, including CNC controlled steel profiling and cutting machines
* Ability to perform technical electrical calculations and provide accurate schedules, reports, specifications and other information for review/approval by engineering staff
* Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills with a can do attitude and the ability to work autonomously an absolute must.
* A recognised Health and Safety and/or machinery safety qualification would be advantageous
* A flexible and pro-active approach with the ability to use judgement and make decisions in ambiguous and complex situations
* Exceptional engineering fault finding and diagnostic skills
Please call Nicola or Frankie for more information on (Apply online only) or email you CV