|Job Ref:||204755645||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glastonbury||Address:||Post Code:||BA6||Salary:||£21000 - £22880/annum overtime, pension||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:57|
Experienced Service Engineer with an electrical background required for permanent role in Central Somerset. You will be working for a long-standing waste recycling business. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a friendly and very successful family company where the average length of service is twenty years!|
* Build, service, commission and test run equipment ready for dispatch from the factory.
* Install, service and maintain equipment away from the factory.
* Diagnose and rectify all faults on equipment.
* Panel wiring, machine rewires and electrical maintenance of workshop.
* Provide cover for call out periods on a rota basis and over bank holiday periods
* Respond flexibly and positively to Senior Storeman or Service Co-ordinator to ensure service work is allocated evenly and effectively.
* Ensure all equipment and consumables are booked in and out of stores correctly.
* Ensure all appropriate documentation is filled out correctly (i.e. job cards, requisitions, timesheets, report sheets, cutting lists etc.).
* Report any defects in manufactured goods, consumables or tools so they can be rectified promptly
* Liaise with the Store man to ensure vans are kept roadworthy, equipment is maintained and materials are booked out.
* Assist production personnel when working in the factory.
* Ensure all equipment is used safely and follow all working procedures.
* Ensure all workstations and areas are kept clean and free from items which may cause health and safety risks to individuals and work colleagues.
* Working away from the factory without supervision, either individually or as a team and at short notice.
* Ability to work and communicate with others.
* Work on own initiative in a pressurised environment.
* Ability to communicate with customers in a polite and responsive manner.
* Ability to read and work from hydraulic, mechanical schematics.
* General understanding of service procedures and control measures.
* General knowledge in mechanical and hydraulic controls systems.
* Be fully conversant with electrical control systems.
* Respond flexibly to change.
* Hold a full clean driving licence.
* PLC experience desirable.
50% of your time will be spent on site, the other 50% will be spent visiting clients.
The role is subject to a 3 month probation period paying £11 ph with lots of opportunities for over time. Salary is £22,880 basic but with overtime likely to be £30- 33,000.
You must be very flexible as weekend work will be required.
Orion Electrotech Ltd acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency and complies with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations Act 2003