|Job Ref:||160003IL||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Country:||United States||County/State:||Indiana||City:||Columbus||Address:||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:04|
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs. |
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
• Supports several aspects of a function's Functional Excellence efforts. Conducts functional analysis to identify development needs and process improvements.
• Coordinates and monitors improvement projects of varying complexity and size in assigned functional area. This position may provide exposure to multiple Cummins business units and sub-functions.
• Participates in the development and implementation of global functional excellence initiatives.
• Assist with the Implementation of learning and development programs for the function; Assists in communicating the direction and specific information concerning the function to stakeholders.
• Is engaged in managing global position profiles and functional skill competency.
Participates in COS assessments.
• Helps develop Functional Excellence Assessments.
• Assists with Functional Talent Management processes
• COS - Able to demonstrate competent understanding and usage of the COS ten practices and functions as a method of continuous improvement to support the business.
• Facilitating Internal Relationships and Consensus - Understands tools & techniques needed to pull a broad mix of people and related skill bases together for a common purpose and goal. It will often involve ability to influence because people on your team will very rarely report directly to you as a leader. Group dynamic techniques to have an individual or group work through a challenging issue, probe for issues/concerns and drive to consensus.
• Manage Customer Relationship - Uses an appointment tracking system, documents call plans, meeting notes and action items. Has established rapport, delivered on commitments, and developed a positive relationship with customers. Identifies decision makers and those influential in the decision process and effectively communicates with them. In managing this relationship, displays core values (e.g. empathy, etc.) and is able to adequately interrogate matter to identify root concerns.
• Develops Systems and Processes - Solid understanding of how to develop systems and process. Applies systems and processes to improve and complete work at a team/departmental level. Works to eliminate system and process inefficiencies and roadblocks. Demonstrates consistent use of structured work documentation (e.g. communication channels, work steps, procedures, checklists, or flow charts).
• Innovate - Solid understanding of innovation skills and approaches. Takes initiative to generate new ideas within scope of responsibility. Seeks perspectives of others when solving problems or improving processes. Seeks advice when considering risks. Demonstrates willingness to consider new possibilities.
• Analyze Issues - Solid understanding of how to analyze issues. Demonstrates use of analysis skills to learn and analyze information in a timely way. Understands complex concepts and problems and identifies how they relate to key processes. Applies accurate logic in solving problems. Differentiates what is critical and what is important while not getting bogged down in details.
• Tolerance of Ambiguity - Can decide and act without having all the details of a situation. Tolerates uncertainty. Can comfortably assess the risk of uncertainty. Acts resourcefully when dealing with ambiguous situations. Shows great evidence of the skill being performed and can use the skill to accomplish required job tasks.
• Influencing - With minimal supervision is effectively able to encourages others to change their mindset and/or behaviors to achieve positive results. Presents convincing justification for others to accept ideas and plans. Encourages the open expression of opinions and disagreements. Shares responsibility for defining and structuring the work to be done. Effectively gains commitment with others to produce high quality work. Commands the respect and attention of others. Motivates people to take action. Engages in constructive problem solving with others. Pays attention to and seeks to understand others. Establishes trust and credibility in relations to others. Capitalizes on influence and relationships to establish strategic advantage. Enlists the support of his or her management to influence other senior managers.
• Six Sigma - Understands the basic principles of the Six Sigma program and participated on a Six Sigma project team.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
• College, university, or equivalent degree in field appropriate for the function required.
• Intermediate level of relevant work experience required.
• Experience across organizations and global regions preferred. Knowledge of the function being worked in preferred. Experience in managing the development of training.
• Provide clarity on effective use of CMI's SCC solution (Business Processes & System) to support plant based Superusers .
• Manage relationship with user base with regards to testing, training, new solution adoption, readiness,and enhancement / change requests.
• Analyze, Root Cause and provide corrective action to reported Superuser issues.
• Ability to support new users through complex processes.
• Good understanding of the Oracle software.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit company website .