|Job Ref:||204743674||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Salary:||£55000 - £65000/annum + 15% benefits, which can be cash||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:21|
THE ROLE: |
In our ongoing recruitment partnership with one of the UK's most high-profile infrastructure organisations, we are actively recruiting for a
Procurement Business Partner (Fixed Term Contract until 31/03/18) to join their London team.
The Business Partner is responsible for leading and managing a team of procurement professionals, to embed the principles of category management into the organisation.
In support of the category plan, the Business Partner will manage Procurement Managers in the delivery of a range of sourcing activities, to ensure that the category plan is executed on time, delivering required performance and value for money.
The Business Partner will focus on a continuous improvement programme and provide the organisation with best practice procurement advice relating to complex scenarios and projects.
Supporting the Corporate Procurement Lead the Business Partner will manage key stakeholders (internal and external, including Cabinet Office) and will provide support in defining the strategic and long-term procurement plans to ensure best in class performance.
The Business Partner will present to boards and committees as required, and will respond to challenge and scrutiny and assist with sourcing approvals of on-going procurement actions.
The annual spend on corporate goods and services is estimated in 2016/17 at approx. £350m per annum. The Business Partner will be responsible for developing procurement strategies and category plans within a range of £1m - £150m.
The Business Partner will lead a team delivering a portfolio of specific spend categories and is accountable for all included procurement projects. Specific duties include:
• Develop and lead a team (direct and indirect reports)
• Through the team deliver savings opportunities, ensuring that objectives and success criteria are identified and delivered
• Understand key commercial drivers and commercial success criteria for procurements
• Establish appropriate demand management processes to ensure category strategy benefits are maximised
• Lead the identification and implementation of innovative sourcing approaches to improve service levels and minimize costs
• Ensure compliance with the overall organisation strategy
• Safeguard contractual and commercial risk
• Provide category and strategic sourcing insight to support informed expenditure choices and drive value for money
• Identify, develop and prepare business cases, reports, committee items and present to the appropriate internal and external stakeholders
• Drive the delivery of the corporate goals into all procurement strategies, tender documents and evaluation processes ensuring demonstrable measurement of performance through the life of the contract(s)
• Provide specialist guidance to internal teams and the wider business
• Enable the implementation of policy, projects and change initiatives
• Advise on applicable EU and UK procurement legislation and developments, applicable government policies and procurement routes and ensure all activities are compliant with regulations
• Develop and strengthen Procurement's profile with Senior Managers and other stakeholders
THE CANDIDATE - DESIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Track record of procuring large value complex and/or specialist contracts within the public sector, including Central Government
• Excellent understanding of OJEU and ability to provide advice and guidance on EU and UK procurement legislation and government procurement initiatives
• Good understanding of supply market for corporate services including complex professional consultancy services and other indirect specialist activities relating to infrastructure projects
• Strong knowledge of different forms of contract and risk allocation
• Working knowledge of Utilities Contract Regulations
• Track record of proven analytical, commercial and negotiating skills;
• Excellent report writing and communication skills
• Strong track record of successful and collaborative stakeholder engagement
• Confident and persuasive presentation skills at Government Committee / Board Level
• Able to simultaneously manage multiple business critical work streams that are at different stages of development
• Skilled in compiling robust category plans, tender and commercial documents;
• Capability to manage your own work load and priorities.
• Demonstrable record of savings through effective category management;
• Experience of leading teams, and coaching multiple staff in their career development
• MCIPS or equivalent
• Private Sector experience to complement your existing Public Sector experience would be beneficial but not essential
One of the UK's most high-profile organisations, who are responsible for the planning and delivery of a major UK infrastructure programme.
If you would like to work in a cutting edge environment then this could be the role for you.
Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications and often receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. If your application is successful we will contact YOU within the next 7 days