|Job Ref:||204742535||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham (1 Permanent Role) and London (1 Fixed Term Co||Address:||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum + 15% benefits, which can be cash||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:22|
Assistant Procurement Manager|
In our ongoing recruitment partnership with one of the UK's most high-profile infrastructure/transport organisations, we are actively recruiting for additional Assistant Procurement Managers.
There are currently two roles:
1 x Permanent role to join the team based in Birmingham (35-37k + benefits)
1 x Fixed Term Contract to join the team in London (40k + benefits)
Both roles offer outstanding opportunity for career development in an exciting and cutting-edge environment.
You will be joining a growing team of dynamic, innovative and driven procurement professionals who are investing in, and shaping, the future of Britain's transport network.
As an Assistant Procurement Manager you will support the Corporate Procurement Manager in the delivery of major procurement projects across the end-to-end life-cycle, from establishing the need, through to contract awards and effective handover to the contract management team.
The Corporate Procurement Team are spending approximately £350m pa across approximately 350 procurement exercises.
As an Assistant procurement Manager you will produce procurement sourcing strategies for your specific projects and will be responsible for assisting the development and on-going continuous improvement of the procurement tools and templates required by the Corporate Procurement Team.
Additionally you will develop the documentation and upload to the e-procurement tool. You'll provide monthly reports to the Corporate Procurement Manager which will evidence the successful delivery of your projects.
Duties will include:
• Developing procurement strategies and plans for projects within £10k-£1m and supporting the Corporate Procurement Manager in the development of strategies and plans for larger scale projects
• Delivering or supporting on up to 10 individual procurements at any one time
• Execute contracts up to £50k subject to delegated authority
• Ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and relevant government policies
• Advising on applicable EU and UK procurement legislation
• Promoting the role of procurement within the wider business
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Educated to degree level and MCIPS qualified
• An understanding of OJEU processes, EU and UK procurement legislation, and government frameworks
• A strong background in procuring goods and services via different routes
• Good analytical, commercial and negotiating skills
• Capable of compiling tender and commercial documents
• Knowledge of e-tendering solutions such as Bravo and AWARD
• Able to manage own workload and priorities, working either autonomously or as part of a team
• Good written and verbal communication skills, with confidence to interface with senior managers and executives
If you would like to work in a cutting edge environment then this could be the role for you.
Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications and often receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. If your application is successful we will contact YOU within the next 7 days.
One of the UK's most high-profile organisations, who are responsible for the planning and delivery of a major UK infrastructure programme