|Job Ref:||204743049||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham (1 Permanent) & London (1 Fixed Term Contract)||Address:||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum + 15% benefits, which can||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:22|
THE ROLE: |
In our ongoing recruitment partnership with one of the UK's most high-profile infrastructure/transport organisations, we are actively recruiting for additional Procurement Managers.
THERE ARE CURRENTLY TWO ROLES AVAILABLE:
* 1 x Permanent role to join the team based in Birmingham (45k + 15% benefits which can be taken as a range of flex benefits or as cash)
* 1 x Fixed Term Contract to join the team in London (12m FTC, 50k + 15% benefits, which can be taken as a range of flex benefits or as cash)
Both roles offer outstanding opportunity for career development in an exciting and cutting-edge environment.
You will be joining a growing team of dynamic, innovative and driven procurement professionals who are investing in, and shaping, the future of Britain's infrastructure.
As a Procurement Manager will work within the Corporate Procurement Team and be responsible for managing the procurement of all goods and services required to support the organisation's remit. Corporate Procurement is spending approximately £350m pa across approximately 350 procurement exercises.
As a Procurement Manager you will be responsible for implementing procurement procedures in line with procurement policy, EU and UK procurement legislation. You co-ordinate the production of tender documents and facilitate the development of supplier relationships, both existing and potential, and also work with other procurement bodies and central government functions.
Additionally you will be involved with stakeholder mapping and management, contract review, reviewing scopes of work, reviewing the market, collating demand requirements and managing all Governance requirements for successful contract awards. You will also be engaged with setting up and administering support for Bravo and AWARD procurement systems.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
• Procurement strategies and choice of procurement procedures (in accordance with policy)
• Approval of purchase orders (in accordance with procedures)
• Delivering or supporting on up to 10 individual procurements at any one time
• Procure contracts up to £150m using regulated procurement procedures
• Execution of contracts up to 75k subject to delegated authority
• Ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and relevant government policies
• Advising on applicable EU and UK procurement legislation
• Promoting the role of procurement within the wider business
• Ensuring robust audit trail for all procurements
THE CANDIDATE - DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Educated to degree level and MCIPS qualified (or actively working towards it)
• Excellent knowledge of OJEU processes, EU and UK procurement legislation, and government frameworks
• Experience of working with or for publicly funded bodies including central government departments
• Demonstrable background in procuring goods and services via different routes
• Strong analytical, commercial and negotiating skills
• Skilled in compiling tender and commercial documents
• Good knowledge of different forms of contract and risk allocation
• Good understanding and preferably experience of supply market for technical services
• Able to manage own workload and priorities, and capable of working well both independently and as part of a team
• Good written and verbal communication skills, with confidence to interface with senior managers and executives
• Private sector experience to complement your public sector experience would be beneficial but not essential
One of the UK's most high-profile organisations, who are responsible for the planning and delivery of a major UK infrastructure programme.
If you would like to work in a cutting edge environment then this could be the role for you.
Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications and often receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. If your application is successful we will contact YOU within the next 7 days