|Job Ref:||204758436||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Spitalfields||Address:||Salary:||£50000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:24|
Senior Project Manager, Smart Building Design & Build. |
Industry: Information Technology and Services
A leading provider of IT, facilities and corporate real estate infrastructure services for 30 years. Working across a wide range of industries, we help leading global organisations plan, install and manage the systems, infrastructure and connectivity they need for productive workplaces and efficient data centres. We provide a range of intelligent building services and tools, all designed to meet the operational requirements of the most demanding business environments.
Responsible for owning the delivery, QA/EHS and financial elements of allocated Smart Buildings D&B projects including; all internal, external teams and client relationships associated with the project. It is the SPM's responsibility to ensure that all Smart Building D&B projects are delivered on, or above, their target margins.
Location - City Office, E1 & Client Sites
• Participation in LMG's Bid process, responding to Bid Manager's requests including resource planning, programme requirements & the costing of prelims.
• Initiate and subsequently take ownership of the project at the PCR.
• Take responsibility for and manage the design development process ensuring any gaps between our tendered deliverables, contractual obligations and the employers/customer requirements are identified and managed.
• Ensure design development workshops are completed in a timely manner. This must include the completion and submission of the PiD (Project Information Doc).
• Project initiation, definition of scope and deliverables, resource planning using Wallchart.
• Definition of key milestones and invoice timetable.
• Ensure that integrated programmes are created and issued to the main contractor at the earliest opportunity. Programmes must identify the critical path and all interdependencies.
• Ensuring all project details are entered in AMS with client purchase order numbers. Making use of the RAG status reporting mechanism in AMS for regular updates.
• Ensuring timely issuance of invoices by liaising closely with LMG Finance staff.
• Checking and authorising timesheets ensuring their timely delivery to LMG Finance.
• Ensure management responsibility for the RFI and VO process.
• Ensuring projects follow LMG's Quality Assurance and H&S guidelines.
• Ensuring proper handover and signed acceptance of projects to LMG Support/Maintenance services.
• Management responsibility of all project team members, including liaison with HR for personnel issues and record updating.
• Tracking progress of all projects and weekly reporting on milestones and financials. Keeping the Project Delivery Director apprised of progress and issues at all times
• Working collaboratively with LMG Operations, Commercial, Procurement, Finance, PIM, Technical Services Manager and the TDAs.
• Liaising with QA, Technical Services & HR to ensure team members have appropriate development plans in place.
• Prince2 Qualified.
• Good knowledge of all Smart Building technologies, including but not limited to: LAN (wired/WiFi), cabling, Security, AV, lighting control, BMS & iLBS.
• Skilled in MS Project (programme) and the use of critical path analysis.
• 5 years' minimum experience in the Cabling/IT industry.
• Strong and proven management skills with experience of running a team.
• Project Manager experienced in the delivery of large enterprise building infrastructure projects. Minimum experience is 5 years.
• Team player with excellent inter-personal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent time management and organisational skills with high attention to detail.
• Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to work on own initiative.
• A minimum of 5 GSCE's grade C and above including, English, Maths.
• Flexible approach to working hours; ability to work overtime as and when the business dictates.
• High levels of integrity and confidentiality.
• IT Literate, proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills.
• Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills applied to junior and senior cabling engineers as well as third party trades co-workers, Fit-Out managers and client representatives.
• Knowledge of strengths and weaknesses of these products
• Good relationships with key contacts in the above manufacturers and their distributors as well as in structured cabling industry as a whole