|Job Ref:||204754429||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Plymouth||Address:||Post Code:||PL3||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:24|
Kier Construction Western and Wales is looking to recruit a Site Manager to join the team in Plymouth. The main purpose of the role is to manage the site and ensuring the project is completed safely, on time, within budget and to the required quality by effectively organizing and managing the site activities. This will involve taking responsibility for the onsite element of the works through strong management of all subcontractors by monitoring the performance of all associated personnel, together with any actions necessary to maintain project targets and at all times ensuring that all Kier's procedures and all Health and Safety and Environmental Legislation and are complied with. The Site Manager reports to a visiting Contracts Manager. Kier Construction Western and Wales work on new build projects valued up to £50 million in the Health, Education, Office and Retail sectors.
* Work closely with the Contracts Manager and Surveyor implementing any agreed actions
* Prepare, implement and monitor detailed short-term programme
* Prepare, implement and monitor site safety plan taking the appropriate action where issues arise
* Prepare implement and monitor waste management plan and taking the appropriate action as required
* Prepare, implement and monitor environmental procedures plan and taking the appropriate action as required
* Prepare information required schedule in collaboration with the Design manager
* Prepare, implement and monitor site specific quality procedures taking the appropriate action where issues arise
* Resolve disputes should they arise between any parties working on the site
* Receive instructions and act accordingly
* Assist the CM in leading the internal teams
* Work closely with the site commercial and design personal ensuring the necessary records are maintained and available as required
* Promote and maintain good working relations with visiting consultants, stakeholders, neighbours and other third parties
* Identify any potential site issues and escalate appropriately
* Prepare, implement and monitor Target Zero Defects procedures
* Ensure the Kier policies on IT, employment, discrimination and safety are adhered to.
* Degree/HNC/HND in Construction related subject topic
* Sufficient/relevant long term trade/site experience
* Gold level category of CSCS card.
* 5 day SMSTS
* First Aid at Work
* Site management experience of new build D&B and refurbishment projects
* Good knowledge of contract conditions and law within the Construction Industry
* Leadership skills (control and management of employees)
* Ambitious with high aspirations
* Excellent organiser with proven time management skills
* Numerate with good IT skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Proven track record successfully managing own project up to a value of circa £3m
Kier Group plc is a leading property, residential, construction and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate (globally) across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a head office at Tempsford Hall in Bedfordshire and a network of 88 UK offices (105 globally) Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, with a turnover of over £4bn and an order book of £9.5bn, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service (or asset management) contracts in the country.
For more information visit (url removed)
Kier is an equality and diversity employer